Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Met Eireann says "isolated showers in the north", yet looking out the window in Clare and on the radar it looks like there's loads of little showers pushing into the South West

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Clear chilly morning in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭pureza

Good white frost to start here in Arklow

Min of 1.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Status Orange - Rain warning for Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy and persistent rain with thundery downpours possible.

Impacts:

• Flooding

• Dangerous travel conditions

• Poor visibility

Valid: 04:00 Monday 23/10/2023 to 04:00 Tuesday 24/10/2023

Issued: 10:19 Sunday 22/10/2023

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Galway

Rain, heavy at times with the chance of thunder.

Possible impacts:

• Localised flooding
    • Difficult travel conditions

Valid: 18:00 Sunday 22/10/2023 to 18:00 Monday 23/10/2023

Issued: 10:17 Sunday 22/10/2023

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Carlow, Kildare, Laois, Longford, Offaly, Westmeath, Wicklow, Roscommon

Rain, heavy at times with the chance of thunder.

Possible impacts:

• Localised flooding
    • Difficult travel conditions

Valid: 04:00 Monday 23/10/2023 to 04:00 Tuesday 24/10/2023

Issued: 10:15 Sunday 22/10/2023

Post edited by adocholiday on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Beautiful day here in Greystones.

What a difference 36 hours or so can make!

Same spot this morning, and, Friday afternoon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Love these photos, they're brilliant again. Can't believe how many people actually go for a dip this time of year

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

They are at it all year round!

Took the boat out for a spin to make sure all ok/charge up the batteries. Amazing day (but no wind for a sail).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A beautiful day here in Meath, unbroken blue skies and plenty of sunshine, a real welcome after all the rain of the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

More orange warnings issued

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have nothing but admiration for the large group of people that swim every single day in Salthill. No wetsuits either. The secret it seems is gloves and booties and immense willpower but they do absolutely love it. I tried to do it one year but gave it up in January. I can only manager a swim in October with a wetsuit and I will stop altogether after the bank holiday.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

I had cousins living in place called windgates and their house faced the little sugarloaf. We used to take the bus into greystones many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Photo's taken at The Lough today:

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Absolutely insane rain in cork for the last 20 minutes. Everywhere flooded again, was driving when it came down and entire road is just one massive puddle. Insane. Fastest wiper setting couldn't clear the rain at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Absolutely bucketed down here in Cork City. Never seen it come down as heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Bucketing down in S Wexford

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Insane rainfall in Cork city centre, major ponding everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Jaysus Cork, what did ye do to the weather gods!!??

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

It's the same here in Kerry. A large swimming club in Fenit. Thy go out in all weathers, including and especially Christmas Day. I'm a complete wuss when it comes to outdoor swimming. Only do it in temps of 25C plus 😁 But seems sea water swimming is very uplifting, so I might be converted yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

A rather wet week ahead ,ya can see the light greens over the southeast and around kerry rainfall between now and Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

so drove from tower to blarney street in cork city in the most insane rain I've ever experience in Ireland and the other place i remember experiencing this kind of rain was in America last month. I can only what its like in the city centre right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Wasn't out in the rain over Cork but going by the radar it was a band of showers that's now moved North. Very different to a spell of rain that lasts 7/8 hours. As I said in different thread no soakage in the fields so most rain will pool on roads. I don't think tomorrow's event needs ramping though, the heaviest stuff almost certainly falls East of Cork! It is October afterall, rain is far from unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Met office giving intense thundery downpours over the cork area and lasting there until 9.00am. This narrow but intense rainfall then moves east and stalls and meanders a bit in a line from Wexford to Sligo for most of tomorrow. I hope Michelle dillion on the forecast hasn't downplayed this too much by saying this rain will not be as extreme as last week. Looks like trouble to me on already saturated ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭pureza

Heavy showers have reached the Arklow area now

Rain rate 34.8mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Absolutely bucketing now in Cork!!

Woke up and still bucketing rain in cork City, so heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Huh? I'm on the northside and it's raining but not heavy at all. The southside looks more ominous though!

Strange! Similar rain here too last night! Really large, heavy drops. Northside barrier must be up 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

Quiet slow moving indeed. Some areas will get a fair old soaking.

Advertisement