Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Am I mad thinking of Travelling to southern UK for the storm 🤔 I do love an extreme weather event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Try Cork instead it be cheaper!! Severe Easterly games and torrential rain. I know it's primarily a South Coast event but wow on top of saturated ground and heavy rain both Monday and Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

YOUD BE BETTER OF GOING TO SOUTHEN UK OR WESTERN FRANCE.

the storm is a non event now, even in southern ireland, the following weekend ,the storm also misses us ,so you could experience 2 storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Clear as day lads 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Is it further north again? Rainfall appears to be the biggest issue for us down South.

• Advertisement

I think it's gonna be bad going by pressure alone I mean 950 odd mbs ,I'll see by Tuesday wether to go or not

Well it may not miss Ireland entirely as yet still alot to play for but maybe i am crazy travelling just for a storm :/

You are, at best it’ll be a typical Irish storm.

I'll take all your comments into consideration 💯, it'll be a rainmaker as well but looks like channel islands could be worst hit

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Bloomin' cold in Toronto! Light rain in the morning and dry afternoon.

• Advertisement

Cannot wait to see the back of this month. Graph's below from Met Eireann show just how bad it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Amber - Rain Warning for Antrim, Armagh, Down

Persistent heavy rain will lead to further flooding and transport disruption.

Valid: 21:00 Monday 30/10/2023 to 09:00 Tuesday 31/10/2023

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very fortunate here near Tralee the last few days, had great walks along the coast and the parks in North Kerry and again a fine bright sunny day being calm and still and feeling relatively mild at 14.3C. Ground truly sodden, any rain here has been overnight the last few days . Noting heavy leaf fall now and without any real wind the leaves are mostly landing beneath the trees 🍂🍂🍂

Pic just now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

Spotted this yesterday evening out over the ocean. Would it be a funnel cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dark at 5. Detest the hour change.

⚠️Status Yellow ⚠️- Rain warning for Louth, Monaghan

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy or thundery falls of rain at times. 

⚠️• Localised flooding

🚗• Difficult travel conditions 

👀• Poor visibility

Valid: 17:03 Monday 30/10/2023 to 05:00 Tuesday 31/10/2023

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just back from Limerick where it was a lovely day there, same can't be said here in Meath where it looks as if it's rained most of the day and still raining outside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great capture.

Looks very like a funnel, maybe it was a waterspout too ? What time did you take the pic and an idea of the area if you don't mind.

Some fine big convection about yesterday to my south and over N Kerry/ Clare, got a few pics of weak Mammatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

They were taken between 16:35 - 16:40 yesterday evening looking out over Mutton Island in Clare. Few more here (for some reason it flips the portrait photos sideways when I attach them 🤷‍♂️ ).

Mod Edit: Rotated the pics.

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Funny looking back on this mentioning 2013-14... let's hope it doesn't last as long as that horror show plus with grounds already saturated.

Orange warning (9pm-9am)25 to 50mm to fall widely in SE Ulster and up to 100mm over hills. Already raining heavily and lots of rain has fallen there over the last couple of days. Flooding could be quite severe.

Yr has really downgraded rainfall for this week for my area near the south, are they just getting my hopes up?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Niagra Falls for me today. Cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

There must be some rainfall totals building up in SE ulster, there's bound to be flooding there. I am in North meath and getting the outer bursts of this deluge and they are torrential with lots of surface flooding here. Looking at the radar there's plenty more to come overnight, I am just hoping my area avoids that deluge train.

Met office got it spot on with the warning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

There's a nice northern lights display tonight in Reykjavik. It turned into a decent enough month in the end. Apart from very brief pre-sunrise showers last Sunday and Wednesday, it basically hasn't rained since the 20th (which was an awful day) and the good weather is expected to last until at least the weekend. Yesterday and today had unbroken crisp sunshine as well as last Monday while Saturday started off cloudy before turning into a great afternoon. This spell, combined with the snow mid-month, makes this month a pretty great one as far as October goes in my books, despite the absolute dross we had the same week as Storm Babet (I believe our storm was a part of the same low pressure complex as Babet).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Quite foggy here in Kildare tonight. Very atmospheric. Spooky! I do love a bit of fog. I'd love to go for a walk in it, but not brave enough at this hour.

There have been some good dry spells over the past few days in Dublin/Kildare, including this morning. It hasn't seemed like there was a lot of rain, but there are puddles everywhere and the grass is sodden. Doesn't seem like there's much capacity there for even moderate rain to drain away. Feeling a little concerned about the upcoming storm on that basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

South Armagh has just had rain non stop for 48 hours Roads fields flooded everywhere lots of roads in newry closed place flooded tgat I have in all my life never seen flooded strange times we live in

Advertisement