Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It’s going to be a good day. Misty sunrise in the Phoenix Park this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Much clearer skies in the east today, gonna be a scorcher, Dublin records could fall again maybe even the national one too, exciting day!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning morning in Kildare 17°c to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Sryan do you sleep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭pauldry

Last night wasn't as oppressive here. Was 16c as opposed to 18c but air felt a bit more bearable. Also it will be 24 to 26c today up here with the record or near record further South n East I'd expect.

Yesterday was too hot to go to the beach though insanely I mowed the lawn n it was like running 10k.

Today I'm heading to the beach as its possibly the last day of this. Some cloud this morning though temperature not really affected. Still climbing to 18c at 8am in this almost certainly record breaking warm September!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Beautiful starry night and it was surreal seeing a clear sky and feeling so much warmth in September. Foggy this morning but looking forward to the sun. The farmers are thrilled with this hot spell.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Well today's the peak, after which i will enjoy the temperatures dropping a bit over the weekend and then dropping nicely early next week. After today's peak........decent into autumn 👍

28.1c in Mount Dillon yesterday the max so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

That was the most difficult night sleep I had in a while. At least I am working from home today si I can doze in front of my computer for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very foggy and damp in Cork, hopefully it burns off soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

Was a cool night in Trim. Left for Dublin at 07:30 and it was very foggy with a temp of 14°. Was just touching 20° when I arrived at the Dublin office just over 50 minutes later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,249 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful warm sunny calm morning in Galway City. Pretty significant dew last night, grass is absolutely soaked and cars/windows in the shade are completely condensated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A beautiful sunny morning here in Meath, not like yesterday's cloudfest. Currently 20C here. Parts of SE England already reached 29C before 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭esposito

Stunning morning in SCD. Touching 21c

Hopefully we hit 30c somewhere today!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

If this was the 2nd or 3th week of July I'd imagine we would be chasing that 33C to fall to 34C, very impressive that 30C is possible today during the second week of September. 30C and beyond is rare for Ireland even in the height of summer where we usually have to rely on Mt Dillon or the Shannon tarmac to reach such values.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That 29c in SE England was an error....was stuck on that reading all night!

Sunny and very misty in Greystones with a light sea breeze. 18.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

beautiful beautiful day in Navan...ill be roasting by 3 today! will enjoy this day as probably last of hot sun summer until 2024!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

Manky day in Cork City dark grey humid

• Advertisement

I was thinking that was excessive, even the south of Spain rarely sees a temperature like that first thing in the morning.

Mullingar, Oak Park and Phoenix Park 24°c at 11am

Think I need to recalibrate the temperature on my weather station. It read 28.1c yesterday but I feel Sligo got to about 27c. Now it says 23.4c Markree n Finner 22c . Think I'll drop it 1c and see where we end though calculated over time might be 1.3c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Hazy sunshine at times but mostly cloudy here. Hopefully should be gone within the hour.

3 stations 24c 11am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not when the weather is great or exciting!

Oak Park will have officially had heatwave conditions after today (max temp >25C for 5 consecutive days). This will be only the third September heatwave on record in Ireland.

The others were in September 1959 (Kilkenny) and 1991 (Oak Park).

• Advertisement

To me this September warm/hot spell has been the best spell of weather we have had all year. I've enjoyed it way more than weeks 2/3 of June because this spell has been much more sunny, no nagging winds and temperatures consistently mid 20s throughout and records have fallen already. An exceptional spell of early September weather that has done alot to take away the pain of the poor summer which came before it. plus I've now got a base tan ready for my holiday in Spain after next weekend.

There's a cloud over the sun in Sligo that seems particularly stubborn to move. No matter. Its too hot when sun comes out just strange it stays there and the rest of clouds move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭esposito

Agree with this. Sea swimming much more enjoyable as water is at its warmest this time of year. It genuinely feels like it’s July or August out there. Pure bliss.

Cork seems to be getting a raw deal out of this. Only 18 to 20c there today. The rest of us over 26c id imagine

Ok last text before I troll

Satellite showing stubborn cloud in NW now. Surely itl burn off by lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Agree, the sea is still cold in June so an easterly has a bite to it but in Sept an easterly even felt quite balmy as I mentioned the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Where are you seeing that? Fog has almost burnt off now, Met.ie has 26c for Cork City this afternoon.

25C Casement at 11.30am, could we see a 26C by 12.00. September Records likely to fall in the Dublin area this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Blue sky and hot in Wicklow

The amount of sunshine bodes well for record breaking. That was a concern, would we still be burning off cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stunning day in Dublin, unbroken blue skies as far as the eye can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Billcarson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wow one of the hottest day I remember here in north county Dublin, usually get a cool breeze when temperatures get to this level but nothing yet.

A roaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭pad199207

25c at a number of stations in the east at midday

A plethora of 25c stations at 12pm. Getting the extra 3-4 degrees between now and 4pmish will be tight! I was hoping some of the 24c stations at 11am would jump 2c.

• Advertisement

Oak park is 1.1c warmer at midday today than yesterday. It recorded 26.7c yesterday. Its temperature was the same for 1pm and 2pm(possibly cloudy?) yesterday. I think it might push 29 possibly 30 if it remains clear.

Might avoid Cork City now. Southwest Cork looking cooler.

Temperature recalibrate complete and sun out so this is my official temperature....25.4c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Exactly definitely a nicer spell than June for us on the east coast

Shooting up now. 26.3c now.

Somewhere here might get 30c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunning day in Kerry, very warm but I am not feeling the humidity like other days, lovely clear blue skies. Last night was quit oppressive though, not a puff of air and hard to cool down the house but hopefully not as humid tonight.

27°c at Casement 1pm

Oak park 26.4c 1pm. Increase of 1.1c since 12pm. .6c of that in the past 30 mins.

• Advertisement

Got to 26.4c on my own thermometer but back to 25.9c now and there's fog out to sea that will probably hold our temperature at this.

Markree might squeeze a 28c . Next 4 hours addictive viewing nationwide.

Advertisement