Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looong Wait-Time Loan Application

• 01-09-2023 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi there,

First of all I would just say that previous loan applications have been dealt with very speedily. One loan I applied for maybe last year was approved within 24 hours and the money arrived a day or two later. These were top-up loans. I've actually been very impressed with the service.

Fast forward to the present and I put in a loan application on 6th August due to some urgent car repairs which were needed. I'm here almost a month later and still haven't received the drawdown. I've had to scrape to pay what I can to keep the car going and am now maxed out waiting all the time for this loan.

The whole process has been a long drawn-out affair. Every two to three days I've had to follow up by phone despite being told that "the best place to check the loan status is on the website". This is untrue as the status never changed from the 7th August until I recieved the docusign on 29th August. So there was no way of knowing what had happened to my application. I rang and was told that someone tried to call me on the 7th. I missed the call possibly due to bad phone coverage but no voicemail text or email was sent to me to tell me there was a problem. On almost every call I was reassured (often by someone based in another country seemingly) that I would get confirmation "this evening or tomorrow". Needless to say that didn't happen. So after a few days I would call again and the pattern repeated.

Finally, Friday 25th August, I got someone from Cork on the phone who walked me through all the steps I had already gone through as part of the online loan application process. This person seemed to actually know what she was talking about and the process finally moved forward. I received the text saying approved on Tuesday 29th August and the docusign the same day. I signed it quickly and all documents indicate funds will transfer within 48 hours. Can you guess what happened next? Well, the funds still haven't transferred and it's close to 72 hours. I called customer service and someone based outside Ireland quite curtly informed me that they will probably arrive later today as it's 72 hours for a top-up loan. Do you think I would have faith that this will happen?

My question is: do you think this is a good customer service experience for someone who has banked with you for all my life and has gone through loan applications multiple times?

Comments

Advertisement