Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My sister hates CE placement

• 01-09-2023 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

As title says, my sister really hates her Community Employment placement. She’s been there for over 4 months and has never missed a day.

Her Supervisor is harshly critical of her, makes personal remarks about her appearance and has insulted her saying she’s not up to the job.

She just doesn't know where to turn and is becoming depressed as a result. Could someone please advise what to do next as she has no other Mentor other than this Supervisor. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Your sister is an employee of the CE scheme and has all the rights afforded to any employee. The DSP take a very, very dim view of ill treatment of participants on any CE scheme and my advise initially is to lodge a complaint in writing or email to the Scheme Supervisor outlining her Grievance, which from your discription is bordering on Bullying in the work place.

This complaint can and should be forwarded to the Sponsor of the Scheme.

The complaint can not be ignored & I've seen the audit checks DSP do & they include insuring participants employment rights are being Adhered to. I also believe your sister should if possible include the Intero Centre where she may have been referred to the CE scheme.

CE schemes are completely reliant on funding from DSP for the payment of wages & Training, this includes the supervisors salary.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement