Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who owns the windows in an apartment?

Options
  • 01-09-2023 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

hi all,cant seem to find a proper answer to this,own a ground floor duplex and have problems with the outside porch and a couple of windows,the management company keep fobbing us off with 'we'll get our maintenence contractor to ring you if you give us your number' ive tried ringing and mailing the contractor several times with no answer...so my question is are the windows mine or the management company's? if theyre mine thats no problem i can fix/replace what needs to be done myself...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Why would you not own the windows if you own the apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Its usually worded that the freeholder owns the frames and you own the glass.

It would be in the lease document you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

It would be in the lease documents but I fixed all my own windows in my apt and nobody once ever said anything to me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

My understanding is its the mgmt company, I work for an org that owns many properties apts included we can never renew windows or doors in apts only the internal elements, kits bathrooms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I’ve replaced windows myself in an apartment in the past- I owned them- only stipulation was I must replace with same design as rest of complex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Interesting! I'm on the OMC of a Dublin apartment complex and apartment owners are allowed to refresh their own windows and doors at their cost. Just have to get the thumbs up beforehand to make sure they're uniform with the rest in the complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

yeah this....you just jogged my memory, this is what it says im nearly sure,thanks, ill have to go after the management company a bit stronger

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Advertisement