Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Biggest Loser Ireland: will it ever happen?

Options
  • 02-09-2023 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭

Do you think RTÉ or Virgin Media will ever commission an Irish edition of The Biggest Loser?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I think there was a UK season that included some Irish contestants many years ago.

I hope there's never another season, it's been shown to have awful effects on past contestants - permanent changes to metabolism, regain of all lost weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I am aware of that Mr. Nothing, I mean a domestically-produced Irish version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Years ago I was a big fan of the show.

However it has proven not to work , so why import a flawed idea?

You really need to get to the root cause of why a person is eating to excess.

However that might take years of therapy and beyond the scope of the show.

As nosey as I am, I really don't want to hear about, nor do I think it's in the public's interest, to delve into someone's traumatic past. Especially as they are probably already very vulnerable....that's exploitation not entertainment.

I really think exercise and calorie control are only a small part, and in some ways, the easy part of weight lose.

Until the root cause is addressed you'll just revert back to old habits and gain even more weight.

We already have operation transformation, so I don't think there's the market for biggest loser.

They could axe OT and commission TBLI instead. The rest of the world does fine without OT

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a toxic unhealthy show that promotes dangerous weight loss regimes. Definitely not.

The last USA series was in 2020.

The last Aussie series was in 2017.

The last UK series was in 2012.

This show has been consigned to the reality TV trash bin.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the late reply but this thread only popped back into my head today, are any countries still doing The Biggest Loser at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think so!

Advertisement