Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orchard Lucan Village

Options
  • 02-09-2023 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

My friend is downsizing post separation and has always said shr would like an apartment in the Orchard in Lucan. She went to view one and liked it and has put in an offer. However, as we were walking past it today o have another look, someone who is a tenant there walked out, and my friend took the opportunity to ask him about living in the Orchard. He said he has been renting there for 16 years and loves it, but that most of the apartments were rented out, and that the management company was terrible and people were trying to get rid of them. My friend is interested in one of the ground floor apartments and he said some of them had mould issues due to poor floor insulation but he thought these had been resolved. He said the management company was not always paying the landscape gardeners for the complex on time, and so some of the gardens were neglected. From a distance, this did not seem to be the case. This seems to be at odds with what a painter who has done some work for my friend said about the Orchard - he said he gad often painted apartments in the Orchard and they were lovely, well built apartments. Just wondering if anyone here knows these apartments and can comment on these two different perspectives on this complex.

Advertisement