Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 NFL regular season thread (no picks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Cowboys v Bills on Sun should be a belter. Would like to See Bills win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Easton Stick v Aidan O'Connell on TNF. Tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Any particular reason there are so many Saturday games? Seems like it is a busy weekend for College football also.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think they'd probably do this most of the season if they were allowed (but they are not permitted to clash with regular college season). There was 3 games on the equivalent Saturday last season as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think anybody, not even a lunatic, could have predicted the score at halftime in this one.

42-0 Raiders.

Aidan O'Connell is averaging under 200 passing yards per game on the season, his best game was 270 yards. The most passing TDs he's had in a game is one, he has four in this game and 198 passing yards I'm one half.

This is the same Raiders team who scored zero points last Sunday.

• Advertisement

I expect at some stage tomorrow to read that Brandon Staley has been fired.

I think he was on the verge of it but this should be the end of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Not in a million years did I expect that score line last night. The only headline less believable would be brandon Staley still having a job tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

So I stayed up to watch the game and held in there till halftime. Its been a long time since I've seen us play such consistent football in all 3 phases. The Chargers honestly didnt know what hit them. Considering that we had a patched up O-line I was expecting Mack to set up shop in our backfield. Antonio Pierce may not be Head coach next season but he still has the locker room, which is more than I can say for Staley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I turned it off just after the raiders went 21-0 as I was confident they’d win and I picked them to win. Never did I think the score would be what it ended up being though. The only thing that might save Staley is that he’s having to play without Justin Herbert.

The fact that they were bad with Herbert, Allen and Ekeler out him on the hot seat. What happened last night puts it over the top.

He is not only responsible for a playbook that will work for the starters, he's also responsible for drafting replacements too.

They were already bad heading into last night. There's no way a roster with that talent such have been 5-8 before that thumping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

In the least surprising news, Brandon Staley has been fired alongside GM, Tom Telesco

I did say might save him and given the news that’s breaking I was too optimistic.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I feel bad for Khalil Mack, he really has spent his whole career on teams with shoddy coaches. Would love to see him go somewhere he could have a late career run at the super bowl

Week 15 TV Listings Part 2

The 9pm game has been rock-solid for the last few weeks and another epic looking one tonight. Think I'll be red-zoning the 6pms.

Sunday

Buccaneers at Packers 6pm Sky Sports.

Cowboys at Bills 9.25pm Sky Sports.

Late Sunday/Monday am

Ravens at Jaguars 01.20am Sky Sports.

Late Monday/Tuesday am

Eagles at Seahawks 01.15am Sky Sports and Channel 5 UK.

Lions and Goff looked super-impressive again last night completing a sweep of the AFC West teams. I really hope they win a play-off game.

Steelers looked dismal, hard to see Tomlin keeping his winning season record from here (currently 7-7 with Bengals, Seahawks, Ravens to come).

Bengals Vikings was lots of fun.

The cowboys returned to their natural form. And I love to see it.

Yeah, when they come up against a good defense it happens. Dak can't play against a good defense, the offensive line can't hold up against one either.

I'd love to know what happened to the Bills mid-season. I think they are the best team in the AFC but it'll be very difficult for them to keep winning on the road in the playoffs.

I really fancy the Ravens to beat the Jags comfortably.

Looking forward to the game.

Tomorrow night is very interesting too. The Eagles seem to be just treading water at the minute. Seahawks coming off a decent enough performance in defeat to the 49ers. It could be a close game unless the Eagles get back in top gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Trevor Lawrence has **** for brains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

McCaffrey was unreal again today, I mean just in a different level, I know MVP is always QB strong but my god McCaffrey has been out of this world. I just wish Shanahan would not use him as much, give him some rest and take him out earlier when you know you are going to win, typical Shanahan though, he just pushes guys hard, it will hurt him eventually this year when one of the main guys gets a dumb injury at a time of the game when they shouldn’t be in, I just know it 🤦‍♂️

• Advertisement

Yeah McCaffrey and Hill have been on a different planet this year.

McCaffrey will make the 2k yards from scrimmage. Hill has the chance to be the first to ever have 2k receiving yards.

Whichever of them doesn't get OPOY will be disappointed to say the least.

As I said last night, Eagles treading water and they couldn't stay up tonight.

Seahawks only got in front for the first time late in the fourth quarter. Huge win for them, massive loss for the Eagles. No chance of the no.1 seed now and they can't make a mistake over the final three games or they could lose the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

CMC has told Shanahan that he wants in, all the time, because of all the time he missed with injury...then he went on to explain every injury he had & it had nothing to do with wear & tear. Shanahan doesn't get guys injured. The team as a whole plays balls to the wall every play...stuff happens. Gregory pushed a guy, he fell over onto Bosa, was that Shanahan? CMC banged his knee against a player early...late hit on Purdy...none of that was Shanahan.

Thank you Seahawks! Niners game in hand for no.1 seed.

The eagles are like a slow motion car crash. It’s not good. Even the offense which was something that could be relied on is just fucked up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hard to see past a Ravens Niners Superbowl at this stage, I think the Ravens are better than the Bills and the Chiefs and the Niners are far and away the best team in the NFC. Dallas and Philadelphia both showed who they really are this weekend.

Bills when at their best are no.1 in the AFC, that's because Mahomes doesn't have good receivers.

The Bills are back to their best. Their problem is they will be on the road all through the playoffs.

Ravens currently are the no.1 seeds but it's not certain. They have the 49ers, Dolphins and Steelers, with Pickett, in Pittsburgh to finish the season.

The Dolphins defense, which is packed with talent, seems to be getting it's act together. They are one hell of a scary outfit if their defense starts to perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Iam not saying things don’t happen outside his control but in certain games when you have a clear lead and control of the game, you need to take players out even if they want to play, there is obviously more chance of injury the more minutes you play. And also we got decent backups that could do with more game time both to spread the load and gain more game reps in case they are needed due to injury

Rams go 8-7, Giants next week should put them 9-7, the the niners come to town in the final week. They could already have the no.1 seed in and you wouldn't know if that could mean resting their best players.

I think if they make it to the playoffs they are very dangerous. The offense is humming and I think that defense is one that'll keep improving.

I'm

Post edited by eagle eye on

Just thinking about that Carolina draft trade with Chicago. They draft Darnell Wright and Tyrique Stevenson with the two picks thru got from them. For the life of me I do not know how DJ Moore was valued so lowly to be included with two first round picks.

So Moore, Wright, Stevenson and the first pick in the '24 draft. That's one hell of a sweet deal for the Bears.

Question now is whether the Bears decide to move on from Fields. Personally I'm not sure, I'd have done it three months ago without hesitation but he has looked better since he came back from the injury.

I still think I'd be leaning towards moving on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The debate in bears fanland is getting very heated on that question. It's related to the question of whether to fire eberflus too. Some people want both gone, others want one or the other gone. The GM has a tough decision. The one thing everyone agrees on is that the offensive coordinator is gone. Personally I would be ok with eberflus and Fields staying (absolutely wanted flus gone earlier in the year but he's built a good defense since) and a trade back in the draft, but I can see the temptation to go with a new QB with huge potential on a rookie contract. I just don't know. But we have a hell of a draft coming up.

Advertisement