Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam visa

Options
  • 03-09-2023 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking for advice with a Vietnam visa. I have tried on numerous occasions to get an e-visa for a 60 day trip without success. I can upload photos and passport and include all the requested data but when I try to pay nothing happens. I have tried using both visa and Mastercard and also submitting the application on an iPad and laptop but the exact same thing happens every time. Anyone got any advice. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Hi Marie, seems to be a glitch in their system at the moment, so many people applying at once, some people seem to be able to get through the application but many not no, when are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I feel your pain, been bogged down in unsuccessful applications for last two weeks. I’ve managed to get one application through to payment stage which has been accepted, just waiting out the three days now for completion. Going to wait to see if that is successful and then start all over again from scratch with my wife’s one. It really is a nightmare, luckily I’m not going until october so I’ve plenty of time left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mariedonegal

Thank you both, reassuring to know that it not just me or something I’m doing. We’re not going to January so I have lots of time so I’ll keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

We dont go till March '24, "IF" you still have trouble you can go down the road of an agent, will cost you an extra few euro but will get you out of a bind, we've used them before with no problems, is it your first time to vietnam? You'll have a ball its a fascinating place, just dont use your phone near the road it'll be swiped out of your hand in a second, also wear your bag across your chest, the food is unbelievable, bargain with a smile when shopping.

Great advice thanks. We were there for a month in 2014 and loved it, always wanted to go back and see what we missed last time, I love all of it, the people, the food, the colour, everything really, around the Mekong captured my soul, can’t wait to go back, going for two months this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Finally got one visa and successfully re-applied for second. In truth it was a nightmare.Here’s my advice,

The application process is time-limited so have all your data ready before commencing, including the full address of your first nights stay (street,district and ward).

Make sure your photo size is small enough to upload, there’s info on the application.

Site is quite clunky, some of the check boxes needed multiple taps.

When you have finished the form press the submit (or similar) button. Wait a few seconds then scroll further down where your application is shown again along with a captcha and a second (the real) submit button.

You will get a confirmation page (and possibly even an email saying you have successfully applied, spoiler, you haven’t) with a tracking number. There is also a ‘billing’ prompt. Click only that or it’s back to go. A payment page should come up (but not always) showing the price of the visa ($50 multiple entry). Click proceed and two options come up, pay by atm card and pay by visa. Do NOT click by atm card, it’s for Vietnamese cards only, use the second option (visa, Mastercard etc). Any mistake here and you’re back to start, even where they’ve sent you an application successfully submitted message.

Give card details and wait minimum 3 working days.

Take note, pages may randomly jump to Vietnamese language only, some of the English can be incomprehensible and there’s always the option as posted above of paying an agency to do it for you.

Yes, it’s a nightmare but this is my fourth time going and it’s well worth the hassle.

You’re a star, thank you. I’m glad its not just me that finds it a torturous process. Thanks for all your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 15 miafricker

Thank you for the update! I appreciate the information. I've been researching where to obtain the necessary document, and I've come across some positive reviews about the services offered on the website https://visafly.com. After reading these reviews, I'm seriously considering giving it a try. It's always reassuring to hear about others' positive experiences

Post edited by miafricker on

Advertisement