Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Stickers - All Representative Groups Should Do These

Options
  • 03-09-2023 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭

Saw this from the NARGC, and thought, every representative group should be distributing these, or a variation of them, to all of their members...

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Probably get your windows put in by some "mostly peaceful" antis/sabs or some scumbag looking for a firearm. Even the Commissioner's guidelines don't advise doing such.Smarter move would be to put a" BAN Bloodsports! "on your car along with an LQT whatever, as camouflage

<mod snip>

Post edited by otmmyboy2 on

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭garrettod

While I take your point Grizz, I don't entirely agree - law abiding citizens should have nothing to fear!

Change the wording on the sticker, perhaps, but be intimidated :-)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

I would not put that sticker on my car windscreen.

Having the car parked on the road outside your house, or on the drive, a sticker like that tells all passing that there is a high possibility that you have a gun in the house.

Why attract trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,293 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If I wanted it to be taken seriously, I’d fix the punctuation and formatting on the sticker design before sending it to the printers.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Its funny.

a few years back, I attended an international target competition.

What other sport "doesn't" have photos of the Irish international winners on the national press?

We are unfortunately not just there yet, and I concur, the sticker is not a good idea, for many reasons.

Alternate sticker would be:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

That's a horrible and fatal fallacy to believe if you are law-abiding you have nothing to fear. What might be a law-abiding and legal activity today, can be law-breaking and illegal tomorrow in this world.

We have seen how these antis and Sabs get an easy ride in our courts and society these days. While AGS will probably blame you and deny you a license because of your "irresponsibility" of advertising that you own a firearm!" While I believe in being "loud and proud" about being a gun owner here,I also don't want my property that I can't keep a watch on when I am in town being vandalised or targeted just to make a statement. If I was Stateside, then no problem.But where my ownership of a firearm is decided on the whim of a police official whose handbook tells him that this is a no-no for the subject to do...Why tempt fate?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Realistically more sports are not covered in national media outside of the big ticket mainstream sports.

Might be some exceptions, but most niche sports get little coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sika98k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I see they have new ones available at the ploughing and available through the RGCs, punctuation and formatting all fixed up, as was said they had samples made up to see what would work best and instead of binning them gave them away for the cost of a stamp.

I am looking forward to seeing

the ones from

Countysports Ireland, IFA Countryside, Irish Deer Society, Deers R us, We love Deer, and the I cant believe your a member of the NARGC Association,

They will all look good on my Jeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I think we will be waiting a while before we see stickers or anything else from the other hunting bodies... thoughts and prayers maybe?

The stickers are nice, some lads will put them on their jeeps but can say that the Mrs doesn't want it near her car..also depends on what area you are from.Rural/urban etc.

We could find out which phonebox is hosting the green party conference and give some out there...😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭jb88

Much better if you get a sticker that says "I dont vote FF, FG or Greens". Those parties have done enough to destroy shooting in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BSA International

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Mississippi.

Or if we sent a screenshot of it to our local candidates

• Company Representative Posts: 2 Verified rep FUNI Official

We have set up a shop on our website to sell stickers. Although, we do not recommend sticking them to your car as this could lead to gun owners being targeted by anti's or criminals.

https://firearmsunited.ie/product/we-are-the-gun-lobby-sticker/

Advertisement