Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not cut out for social housing at all.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Hard to imagine that such tennants are being spread out to all new developments with this ridiculous rule that 10% minimum of new housing is to go to councils for social housing. Just means you'll have even middle and high earners forced into similar situations as this, except they'll be fully self funding their homes for the pleasure to rub further salt into the wound

People working full-time shouldn't be housed in such situations. There should be social housing for the wasters who just live off the dole permanently, and social housing mixed in with normal developments or mixed use public housing developments for people who actually work full-time and contribute towards society. Let the scum deal with each other and keep them far away from the rest of us in society

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miasmum

I will never go into an estate again. Especially new ones. They just fill them full of young families and destroy them. When I get out of here I want to be outside the city and away from new estates. I'm so deflated and so done. I work so hard, every day to give my family a good life amd instill a strong work ethic in my children to come home to this depressing house that will never be my home because of the families that were put in around me. I will fight co-op every step of the way. No decent person should have to live like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Theres local Elections & General election coming up soon contact local councillors firstly.

If its of any consolation theres a few large extended Irish families destroying many many areas in Limerick city & County so your not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Ginger83

As my father always said to us "you're better off in the countryside away from all cnuts"

I wish you well. Don't give up hope

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I really sympathise with your situation, hang in there and hopefully you’ll get out of there eventually. Social housing should be given on certain conditions. It’s sad the way the country is gone that we’re too feckin scared now to even say “if you act like animals you lose all your rights to a place and you’re out on the street”. They wouldn’t be long containing their feral kids if there were consequences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement