Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy AirBnB tenants, what are my options ?

Options
  • 04-09-2023 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

A small group of apartments which always had long term lets has been turned into AirBnB.

Now it's a weekly lottery to see if Im going to get a night's sleep.

Some tenants feel obliged to have all nighters with music and loud conversations until 04.30 in the morning.

Theres no talking to the owner so can I complain directly to the AirBnB ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your management company is surely a better recourse? The guards if it's excessive noise also.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

Sorted !

I just met the owner by chance and told him all about it. Much to my surprise he knocked up one sorry looking person and explained that its not on.

This group are there for 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

You said in your OP that there's no talking to the owner but now they're being reasonable? Sounds like you're being fobbed off tbh.

If it's AirBnB then surely different people could be in next week and you could have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Our members put it to a vote to ban short term lets at our development. It won hands down at the AGM. Now it is forbidden to have an Air BnB type set up in our development. I would say that you need to have majority on side as owners that live there. I'm sure there are some places, where the majority want Air BnB and are making a handsome few quid out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Where I used to own an apartment they did the same.

Most of the airbnb owners sold up. When the new airbnb rules came in a few years ago the rest of them sold up. I was renting mine, but I sold up too.

The council and charities bought the majority of the apartments that went up for sale. I actually didnt intend to sell to the council but their offer was just too high to refuse. From the people I know still living there the council have put in a fair few nightmare tenants and the place is gone to sh!t altogether. You can even see it just going onto the place for a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Have you located where the power can be disconnected to your apartment with a switch, just in case you need to do so, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Advertisement