Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best approach to irresponsible dog owners?

Options
  • 04-09-2023 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Another incident in my town with an off lead dog. This time it was a staffordshire terrier who tried to nip my collie, I picked my dog up in time as it snapped and missed.

I asked the owner to please get their dog under control but they respond that it was easy for me to say when I have my dog on a lead. They then started shouting at me so there was no talking to them.

I've tried this approach a few times(pleading) with dog owners with no success and was even physically assaulted once. The Garda were actually good at dealing with the assault but that person still walks their dog on a route that is now not safe for me.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could deal with this better? I'm running out of local walking routes.

Advertisement