Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JYSK Home Office Desk

Options
  • 04-09-2023 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭

Ordered one of these to collect in store in Santry as wife was travelling to Dublin next day. She collected it and when she came home, there was a part of the order missing - the desk legs.

Talked to customer support today. The missing part is still in the shop. Wanted me to come collect it, but I am a good distance from Dublin and really dont want to have to drive up just to collect this.

Should I try and get them to send it down to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,913 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Eh, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Cheers. Appreciate the replies. Ill try them again tomorrow and be a bit more assertive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Absolutely no way will they deliver the item.

I have to collect it in store or bring back the other part of it for a refund.

Appalling service really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

exactly. terrible customer service. better to take the refund, as they wont be able to sell it as a new item, than let them away by dropping in and collecting the missing parts. either way you end up making the trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you pay by card? I would assume so from it being an online order.

Tell them you are going to do a chargeback for the product not being as described (missing parts) unless they send you the part, or pay to collect the parts and refund the lot (or just refund the lot without collecting)

My experience of their customer care is that they are appalling but will refund when forced to. Won't shop with them again.

Advertisement