Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof design options (pitch and design type) and differences in costs

• 05-09-2023 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, I'd like to ask if anybody has an idea about the difference in costs (assuming the same roof slates as material) for a new build (detached 8mx8m):

Mono pitch vs gable roof: Which one would be the cheapest and would you be able to provide a difference in % or absolute costs even if very approximative?

Difference in cost for adding a window to the design

Difference in cost for 7:12 8:12 vs 12:12 pitch. Is the difference in cost proportional to the increased surface or is there an additional cost due to the higher difficulty in installing it due to the higher slope? (keeping in mind is a new build).

I'm currently considering the following 3 options (using roof slates as material)

Gable roof with an 8:12 pitch (approx 33.7 degrees) and no window (to be used as storage only)

Gable roof with a 12:12 pitch (45 degreess) with window and stairs to make it habitable

Mono Pitch roof 7:12 (approx 30 degrees) with window and stairs to make it habitable. This option will make one side 4.7m higher for the walls so it should be kept in consideration.

Can anybody even very approximately quantify the difference in costs?

I understand the 1st option would be cheaper compared to the other 2, but I'd need to understand approximately how much and between the second and the third which one would be more expensive and by how much since the third will give me more habitable space

Post edited by spupazza on

Advertisement