Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension UK & Class 2 Contributions

• 05-09-2023 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could advise me about my UK pension? (I have 18yrs of contributed payments)

I am British, and currently living and working in Ireland. I have also lived in Asia for a number of years. 

My working years in each country are as follows: 

UK - from 1986 to 2003 I worked for pretty much all of those years, I was working before I left. I left the UK at the end of December 2003 to move to Asia.

I worked in Asia from 2004 to 2016 - working self employed 

I have been working in Ireland - from October 2016 up until now - Self Employed

I have a couple of questions:

1. From the above information, I am wondering if I would be able to pay voluntary Class 2 contributions in the UK up until I am 66yrs old or would it need to be Class 3? On the Gov site it says if I was working in the UK immediately before I left then I can pay class 2?

2. According to my UK Pension forecast I can pay for my missing years which are £824 for each year, however I thought for the years I have been self employed here, I am able to pay Class 2 contributions. Is that correct?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mywifetoldme

Go onto the Askaboutmoney website,

Lots of information on there.

Advertisement