Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭fafy

no, max price is what you originally paid,which includes all fees, but you can go lower, i can’t make it this year due to holidays, resold a single ticket on TM earlier, €217.50 got them on the higher loyalty tier - 3 + Picnics, and they were sold within a few minutes.

The resale option opened up a few weeks back on TM, transfer option won’t be available for months.

I probably would have gone anyway, but lineup is catostrophically bad, its shockable actually, its so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

I think it's finished for me as well after 15+ years in a row. Was on the fence after last year but bought tickets just in case, but this is just shite.

It's telling they are not mentioning the 20 year thing, as they know its a crap line up and would get even more abuse for that.

=

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭dav09

If you look at the comments everywhere it is dreadful, almost everyone around my own age and younger/ target demographic are saying it's horrendous. I wonder considering it's booked by a lot of people in the UK (Festival Republic) is this just a 'ah the Irish love these lads to be fair' type of thing, I know eventually they will completely screw this up if they haven't already, asking for a good mix/being realistic isn't a lot to ask for, and it's very very sad as it is a thing that means a lot to a lot of people every year, but probably means less so to those organizing it, they'll just buy up the next big thing if it comes along. I think the minute a serious festival here comes along EP will be in trouble as at the minute there's nothing really here for the music fan. B&S if they can return have a huge opportunity now for next year. ATN has had some good bookings over the years but nothing mind blowing overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think it was always going to play out like this. The writing was on the wall the last few years when it sold out before a single artist was known. People were going regardless and EP got the money in early. Its basically turned into Oxygen. All Together Now and smaller festivals like Beyond the Pale the way to go. The event junkies and the casual gig goer who go to a few year probably aren't too bothered either way who's going as they're going anyway. Guess it happens with festivals catering towards younger demographics and becoming mass marketable. A

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Been making my way through the line up and this was a nice surprise of a voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I have a campervan ticket and I'm possibly sorted for a 'cheap' weekend ticket.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Late in commenting as I was at my older son’s primary school where his First Class were doing a performance. They ‘sang’ We Are the World, Hello to all the Children of the World and that crap world cup song about waving flags (or something) with loads of poor ukulele playing accompanying it.
    I’d rather endure that on a loop for three days than set foot in Stradbally in mid-August.

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Yeah that's what I thought. I assumed TM wouldn't let you sell for any more than you originally paid to prevent scalping. So probably whoever was selling at 235 just bought the same tier as I did and was selling it for the max allowed price.

I'm still sticking to my theory that they knew they weren't working with much here by the time the announcement rolled around. If you were a fly on the wall at the FR offices, I would expect the talk before the announcement was hoping it wouldn't have gone down too bad, rather than expecting people were going to be hugely pumped up for this. @Peterd66 above makes a good point. They're not leaning at all into the 20 years thing, which would usually have been a good way to push this normally but it would stand to reason that they don't want to draw too much attention to the legacy of previous acts who played as a point of comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Unfortunately she lost her faith after a shared experience in the Glastonbury long-drops circa 1998.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭antfin

I think this lineup opens the door for ATN to be a bit more adventurous with the attendance numbers and bookings next year. They have 27,500 this year and I can see that moving above 30,000 next year. They have the site for expansive... if they can avoid the traffic issues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

dear christ, it’s the furries.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭TenPicnics

People seem to be keen for the re-sale tickets, my ticket that cost €295 was sold within a few minutes this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Is that not the fear? With an open goal for the slightly alternative audience, that they'll push to expand, thus compromising slightly on the lineup, thus getting into the same **** loop that EP has. I hope it just sticks where it is number wise and accepts the challenge to be the only large scale festival in Ireland to provide a top quality lineup. Debatable whether it has this year but you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Mucker46

While the headliners last year were not a great draw for me there was enough others to keep me interested in the main area and Jerry and Salty added plenty. This year the headliners have no draw for me and its slim pickings on the others. I will definitely go this year and hopefully further announcements will flesh it out for me but feeling like the end of a long and mainly enjoyable friendship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭rubick

Still, TCM at Survivor Stage lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Agreed. It was really only the first 5 or 6 that were any good, line up wise. It's just a shame the name wasn't changed once POD stopped running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

You know me too well @Dreamweapon . Nas a brilliant booking, superb last time he played. Waterboys always great. Faithless without Maxi would be odd but worth a look. NewDad always good. Kylie and Sophie Ellis-Bextor would be fun. But it’s very slim pickings. I know there’ll be more there and the quirkier stages will throw on some good stuff but most self-respecting artists will take a look at the top tier and refuse to be any part of it. If the Fontaines were actually booked they might have seen who they were accompanying and fled.

ATN & BTP also poor, Forest Fest too retro (some great acts but they really need to throw in some young blood to freshen it up), Night & Day good on the Sat but not otherwise. I’ll skip them all and do some one-day stuff. Luckily loads of great stuff this Summer:

Lankum/Mogwai/Mercury Rev, etc.

LCD/IDLES, etc.

Galway Arts - Leftfield, Kneecap, Simple Kid, etc.

And for EP weekend I might finally go to see SLF do their annual Belfast gig at Custom House Sq - Skids, Damned & Problem Patterns in support for circa €50.

Have a blast if you go and undoubtedly things will be good in the end for many people here. I also love to think that there’s a lineup in the future that’d drag me back and there’s a fair chance of that. But if I never go again then 2023 was a fantastic farewell.

add karma police and some happy times will be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rockterrain

It's weak no question. That aside I've no idea how Noah Kahan will follow Gerry Cinnamon. For any of his flaws Gerry's show is fairly lively and engaging. To follow that with the Noah fella will see the first night end on a whimper. The organisers need to look at themselves.

I'm the exact same. Was only going to go this year as i was at all the previous ones and thought the 20th anniversary would be a nice way to bow out. Not sure now.

Received a text earlier; "Time to leave it to the kids. We had the best of times, they can have the worst."

Is there any reason to believe something decent will be added later on? As someone mentioned earlier, where are the acts for EA and Rankins?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭antfin

I think they could easy grow slowly to the 40/45k mark over the next 5 years and still keep the same vibe as they have now. I wouldn't like to see them sacrificing the more carefully curated lineup, over 21s policy or the free flow drinks to chase higher numbers. But I think they can reasonably do it by growing carefully over a few years and attracting more disenchanted former EP customers and carefully managing the site and bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Nah, the crowd will probably go buckwild singing along to Stick Season as the closer. I know people here still refuse to believe it and think he's just 100% quiet maudilin performances but he does get his crowds going

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Lofidelity

Yeah, i just sold my two on TM resale. I was afraid to hold on in case more were released or resellers piled in this evening.

On the bright side, ill get paid two weeks earlier now the date has moved forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

have a spare early bird, yours if you want to wait till transfers are open or if you're sure you're sorted, then i'll chuck it back into the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭fafy

I also have one Thursday Early Entry ticket, which is non transferrable currently, but will be reselling once the window opens for half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why am I not getting the option to resell my campervan ticket? It just says 'resale unavailable'.

• Advertisement

Advertisement