Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Totally indifferent to the announcement today. This is my first time going to EP since 2013. I had previously gone every year from 2006 → 2011

I totally get, that its a very different festival from the one I used attend.

So I started a little Spotify playlist. Took the top 4 songs for the main artists on the line-up that I dont recognise, and to be blunt. It's been 90% shite so far.

I'll happily go along, and see Kylie, Nas, Faithless, and The Waterboys.

Ethel Cain might be worth a look too.

I expect at least two more big acts to be announced.

Rarely, if ever, if memory serves me right, has the first announcement contained the entire list of big acts.

Still hopeful to see Last Dinner Party added.

Then would love to see a band added. Kodaline are the only band listed as a headliner, and **** me, they are duller than dishwater. Have they actually released anything since High Hopes? How can shite like that be considered a headliner.

Stick them on at 5pm, and that would be fine.

I get the idea behind Calvin Harris by the way. Saturday night usually has a DJ set going on late. Could be good for some dancing

Ranting here, but what I'm still hopeful for is,

A guitar band with sing along songs getting added for headline. Someone like Pulp/Blur/Liam Gallagher

A nostolgia 80s act like Duran Duran/Simple Minds

I'll hold off selling my tickets until mid-July anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Expect more definitely. Ethel Cain very good last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TRIP123

just want to confirm if the Transfer option will definitely open at a later stage. I have a friend who will take my two. There is a resale option available and wondering if I should just sell the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I was very surprised to see Kodaline as high as headliner. That was a sign for me that they didn't get a full slate of headliners they actually wanted. Would not have been surprised to see them 1 or 2 tiers lower. Seemingly they are doing pretty well on the dreaded streaming numbers with about 10M monthly listeners and one song with over a billion streams, which is high for an Irish band. Gerry Cinnamon is more inexplicable imo because he's not even doing well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Del

• Advertisement

I've sent a message to TM to ask. Someone in work is looking for mine so happy to transfer when it becomes available. Both that and resale still unavailable for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭fafy

Weekend Tickets are available to resell currently,

my early entry ticket is not, so assume its the same with tour ticket.

Transfer- is another option to offload, but that won’t open for a few months.

This all controlled by TM, not the actual purchaser of the ticket. Has been run this way for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Sure it’s all well and good but it’s definitely not worth €250-300

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'll be surprised if anyone will guarantee for you that it will open however past history says it will (eventually)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭TenPicnics

Don't want to be a total downer but I have to say you are in for a huge/nasty shock if you haven't been since 2013 ... the vast crowds, many of whom will walk through you, the lack of Body&Soul, the queues, and the massive dominance of one young age-range, not to mention this worst-ever offering of acts.

I hope the weather is good for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Holding out for the addition of some more diversifying acts. As I said previously on my very shallow run through the list….lots of sad boys.

Eyedress has some of my attention as a complete unknown to me. I’ve been avoiding that Artemas song that’s blown up ever since I heard it because it annoys me but….he is standing out a little amongst everyone too. Will do the Kylie Raye double feature for the bops.

Well it has opened in previous years, so it should do,

last year i used transfer, as soon as it opened which was around 5 weeks before EP started. If its for someone you know well, i’d wait until the transfer window opens, they can give you the payment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭TenPicnics

Sorry, meant to address that to Curious Cucumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TRIP123

Great thanks. No reason to believe it won't but you never know with Ticketmaster. Good to know that transfer options opened roughly 5 weeks last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

yes, knew sfa about them last year, great performance, deserves much bigger tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Electric arena artists = Nas, the waterboys, Damo Dempsey, Ethel cain, jazzy, kneecap, Sophie Ellis bextor,

rankin = kojaque, new dad, the scratch , moncrieff

^ rough guess

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭crl84

Had forgot that I got an early-bird ticket just in case the lineup was decent.

Put it up for resale at 16:50, email confirmation that it had sold at 16:53.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Fanirish

as much everyone seems to be hating on the lineup the demand for resale seems very very strong

Oh I know. A friend has continued to go every year, and has filled me in.

I was probably part of the annoying crowd in my younger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

LOL i expected a negative reaction but not the boat-sinking scene from Titanic.

• Advertisement

just double checked that, and it was actually 3 weeks before the event, the transfer window opened and i sold it the same day, on toutless at face value.

2 weeks prior to that, i had emailed TM support asking when the transfer window opens and they were clueless, had no clue “ keep checking” was their answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Noah Kahan popular enough to be a headliner? I've only ever heard that one song of his

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This is just the Saturday, 3 picnics ago. Not even looking at Main Stage.

Look at the diversity there. A tragic demise. Right. No more whinging. All the very best to to all of you sticking with it. I hope the sun shines and the Salty Dog, Trailer Park and Jerry outdo themselves. I'm sure you'll get another nugget or two before August.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Quoting myself here which is odd but following on from this, a number of her friends who've never been to a festival before are all on TM getting resale tickets so like FanIirish has said there's a demand for many for this clearly polarising line-up.

Are any of the headliners popular enough to be a headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

From that initial lineup I have less than two acts a day to see. I like hanging around sipping coffee and hearing authors/musicians, etc speak in Mindfield but not for ten hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Gary_dunne

We may not like it as a headliner but Kylie could easily be down as the legends slot at Glastonbury. I'd argue that she's bigger than Shania Twain.

For a second I thought this was posting some advanced timetable for this year's show and I was thinking "hang on, this isn't too bad, how did I not see these earlier"

Is it all Kylie fans?

Good for them anyway, I'm glad to hear that there are people who are excited to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sweevn

Post-Party, Inhaler, Easy Life, E&TB and Girl in Red would all be top class compared to everything below the headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

My history with EP went from 2012 - 2018, which was an epically terrific weekend to finish on and the one where I probably saw the most music even if it did mean forcing people to sprint from one spot to the other to catch the likes of St. Vincent, Hak Baker and The Blaze (my big discovery that year)… and I still missed loads!

I knew it was time to move on then as you could see who the festival was changing and going for a different demographic, this is just natural as we get a tad more mature (ahem!). I still get tickets on the off chance that something amazing appears on the lineup. The headliners are always going to be a mixed bag, but usually the mid-tier would attract me, and I'd find plenty there to look forward to or discover.

When I saw this line-up I thought it was a spoof at first, and even the mid-tier has nothing in particular to grab me.

Regardless, if you go you will have a blast as you always do and there will (presumably!) be additions that will be recommended and thoroughly enjoyed.

It seems though, that this lineup has really pushed people overboard with EP, especially here, where I see a lot of posters and diehard attenders, whose wit, cynicism and realism I enjoy on these threads saying enough. That really is a damning indictment of this 'lineup'.

Anyhoo, above is a very long-winded way of saying I put my tickets up on TM Resale and they went in less than three minutes!!

This lineup is a joy for someone out there, quite a lot of peeps it seems (the weirdos)…

Advertisement