Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Navan Man01

Additionally other than backing vocals, we can’t have “Noel sings that better!” DM was Scruffs fave all the way! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jams100

Wonder could take that be on the bill? Doing a European tour which seems to end in July?

Wonder will they even give the first set of artists before 2023 is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hopefully the trend started last year of revealing a load of acts before Christmas keeps going this time. Definitely added a bit more to the excitement on a normally quiet time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sorry, can you translate this to English please?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I doubt it, if they’re not fibbing and chasing someone special, it’s not going to be an act that’s here every second Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hardly Green Day as that band......?

Snarky Snark Snark

doubt it, they played here last year didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Himselfe

Rihanna a possibility? New tour to be announced for 2024.

Also, anyone know when the Sunday tickets go on sale? Are they already gone or are they released as part of the first lineup announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Generally come out for the Christmas Market I think

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭dav09

I really hope it is not Ed Sheeran but I definitely don't think he's the type of act you'd move a whole festival to accommodate. One that would be more obvious for me would be The Rolling Stones (who look to maybe be playing again, their last gig here which I was at was fantastic) or U2. It would be a huge statement booking anyone in that tier, but I know it's not something they've ever done/ probably makes 0 financial sense as they likely be the cost of probably all of their headliners combined. I do wonder is there any chance RATM come back and do a tour, would also make sense being an act they clearly wanted to book for a while even though it currently looks like they're not together. Although usually when they make a statement like that it turns out to be a huge letdown like the blurred headliner/ script incident this year.

Generally when a big pop act like Rihanna comes back usually they go on a big solo tour and then towards the end they play festivals so I'd guess it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Could it be Madonna?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Melvin benn in interview in the week before EP 2022

Festival Republic’s Melvin Benn has teased what’s to come from next year’s line-up – and he says that it’s “not an agenda item at the moment” to get Rage in, simply because of how they operate with their touring.

“It’s not an agenda item at the moment, let’s put it that way,”. “Rage are a U.S.-based act and would very rarely do one-off shows, so it would need to fit in to a lot more scheduling.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Stillill42

More chance of it being Maradona.

And he's dead.

Snarky Snark Snark

If they couldn't make the pricing work in the point then I'd doubt it, her cost would be eye watering.

Unlikely them but I can't make out any modern/trendy act who would really justify moving it for either, maybe plain and simple it was moved for Coldplay. But I think if it was to be a huge headliners like RATM size or bigger it would obviously have to be a package deal with the likes of R&L and all of the other FR festivals near that time.

Melvin benn said it was multiple acts that were only available in mid august causing the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Sheeran has the third highest grossing tour of all time ahead of anything by U2 or the Stones and only behind Taylor Swift and Elton John.

U2 have 22m monthly listeners on Spotify and the Stones 28m. Sheeran has 77m. At present he’s a bigger artist, and only a handful outdo him - Swift, The Weeknd, Drake, etc. I don’t want it to be him but there’s a fair chance. His festival dates thus far suggest Glasto and more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jams100

But Ed Sheeran is playing in Serbia on Sat the 17th, so I doubt he'd be able to get all equipment across on either the 16th or 18th in time, so that more than likely rules him out imo.

Probably be Picture This as the big act 😅

• Advertisement

As far as I know Sheeran tours with multiple sets/ stages at once so it probably is possible, also for a festival experience I presume it would be much toned down/ fitted around the current main stage rig. There's no arguing how huge he unfortunately is but honestly like as mentioned he is likely too big here to play it now, maybe in a few years if ticket sales calm down. I guess my point was he is a one man band (who probably has a decent crew too) from the UK who gigs a lot and rarely plays festivals and played it previously, just find it difficult to see him being one of the main reasons to move it, probably more of a reason for the other 3 that @Seathrun66 mentioned but again likely way too big.

And yeah I know it seems FR are making choices now on Spotify streams, I do wonder how detailed the data analysis is that they do and how localized it is to people in Ireland, age group, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Big acts have more than one set up so that as they are playing in X, the other set up is being transported to Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Madonna? Sheeran? Rihanna?

Yeah, and Zeppelin on Friday and U2 in the Red bull and Swift in Salty Dog. Coldplay supporting her... Deep breaths folks

Snarky Snark Snark

Standing by comment that they're not going to be booking acts that play here every other tuesday.

What ever about Sheerans popularity (undeniable and frankly there's a Phd on the topic of mass psychosis waiting for anyone who can explain it), he plays here so often that there's no win in having him.

I think we'll be waiting till end Nov/Dec to see who is touring late summer and what's announced for other euro festivals in the same time period. And agree with previous poster, deep breath folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

As has been said, for all these top tier acts being mentioned it doesnt make sense financially for them to play EP, so unless they are doing it for other reasons (e.g. they are an Irish act and want to play a festival here or they have some connection to EP) I cant see it being an act of that level.

its more than likely not getting moved to suit the schedule of this fantasy act but rather it has to move for some other reason and Benn just threw that line out there to hype next year.

Or its a Daft Punk/Radiohead colab

Post edited by paulieeye on

Honestly I say it has been moved to accommodate a headliner or two. Mid august is always better time for acts touring Europe.

its just the calibre of acts that people on here are guessing is just off the scale. Acts who get paid a €1m -€2m for shows in ireland aren’t playing the picnic.

EP generates approx €15-20m on ticket sales every year. Its overall artist budget is around €5m a year.

Who would your money be on, won't hold you to it genuinely interested in your thoughts.

Dua lipa, hozier, Sam smith would be realistic headliners imo. Sam smith just announced for august festival in Denmark.

hozier will have to finish up new album tour next year with a big show, EP would make sense.

Would you think that my would move the festival for hozier? He has played before so doesn't strike me as one looking to book for a while (if you believe that why it was moved). Similar for dua lipa, though she would draw a crowd for sure.

• Advertisement

Melvin said he moved it for multiple acts, not just one headliner.

Could see him moving it for dua lipa, she sold out 3 nights at 3 arena last year. She last played in 2018 just as she exploded in popularity. Pretty sure they would have been chasing her to return since.

Advertisement