Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options
1184185186187188190»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

didn’t they do malahide and musgrave in cork in last two years? Popular enough of a band who can sell out 3 arena easily enough. That’s what sub headliner catergory is
    tbh them and raye are probably weakest of

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

I had been wondering the same, It seems that last year was the first year that the yellow car park was open on Thursday, I would assume that if they are opening the car park that would mean that we could enter from that side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The main stage runs until 12 Fri &Sun, Sat until 2am. Meaning quite often (But not always) the “real” Saturday headliner appears on stage circa 9:30-10, Followed by a ‘late night’ act that’s not as popular or expensive, usually an electronic-dance act.

Harris is a night club DJ now that pretty much only plays 4-5k capacity gigs in either Ibiza or Las Vegas, so despite being top of the poster, he’s really 2nd place.

This effectively means Kodaline are top of the bill. They subbed in 2019, released some new material in 2020, no where near as popular as their earlier releases, arguably taking a dip since then. In terms of demographic they peaked almost a decade ago, so their average audience must be >28+, outside of the core EP demographic. For me it’s all kind of wrong to have them lead out a 75k festival.

The MainStage is the mainstage impossible to please everyone, to use the football analogy, I wouldn’t change the entire team, but a couple of subs for Cinnamon and Kodaline wouldn’t go astray😜

Post edited by Fatfrog at

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭glennponder

Think raye is actually a decent shout and expect she'll be very good.....the gerry cinnamon thing I don't get at all and even more strange how Kasabian are not in one of those slots

• Advertisement

cinnamon sold out multiple 3 arenas and malahides. He is actually stronger on paper than Kylie and miles beyond kasabian etc

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭glennponder

I just don't get it,I really don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Didn’t sell out Malahide. Plentiful tickets available for a 2.6k Belfast venue. Last Irish gig was the Academy. Last album flopped. A full four years ago. Not a 3Arena band anymore. And nowhere near an EP sub-headliner.

Stop telling lies. You’re on a thread with people who know how to fact check. Gerry Cinnamon did not sell out the 3Arema ‘multiple’ times but only ever played there once, in November 2019. His other Irish indoor shows are the Olympia and Academy.

No ‘multiple’ Malahide but one and not sold out.

No album for more than four years and 1.5m monthly streams. He ain’t headliner material. He ain’t sub-headliner material. Ever get the feeling you’ve……….

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Yeah think you have to admit they fecked up on this one fanirish. Calvin, Gerry, Noah and raye wouldn't be my idea of headliners or subs but I understand their attraction. Kodaline definitely not though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Davysulls86

That would be Kasabian that headlined Glastonbury in 2014?

Are you suggesting Gerry Cinnamon is a bigger draw than them?

I'm all for a trip every now and again, but I would touch whatever you're on.

Gerry cinnamon’s last Irish tour consisted in 2022 of sold out malahide, musgrave park and Belfast belsonic, that’s over 60,000 tickets. That’s a hell of a lot more than kasabian have done on recent Irish tours. End of the day he can sell out bigger venues here than kasabian can that’s why he is higher on the bill.

That would be 2022 when everyone was going to any gig they could because they had been locked in their houses for the guts of 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

It's very sad to see what this thread has become. The ATN thread is a much happier place, with practically no mention of Spotify numbers, arena capacities or any of that kind of rubbish. I say practically, as a very frequent poster here can't resist popping over to deaden the genuine ATN excitement with his (must be a male) accountancy facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

the ATN thread has been so lovely the last week. Like the ep threads of old

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kennytheboy

Anyone know is the campervan field huge this year? We have a ticket for sale on the banter page and no bites and there are loads more for sale! Must be more passes around or the mature folk have decided not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Musicrules

I called out that poster a long time ago but he was defended by many on this thread. 🤦

The poster I referred to has definitely been called out/criticised/etc by several posters on this thread, many times, and those posters are frequently supported by 'thanks' from others.

In fairness, among the dozens and dozens of The Poster's repetitive posts, which usually go 'unthanked', one or two are actually grand or informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Just a few questions on camping. Do all the campsites have showers? Is the Silver campsite furthest away from the main stage this year? I can't see the silver campsite on the Garda interactive map. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I think the general trend on here is to give people the benefit of the doubt as long as possible and to avoid any sort of abusive stuff. We all have our limits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Kasabian looked to have rocked latitude last night!

Friday

• 12:05 - 13:05: WITCH
    • 13:35 - 14:45: Frank Turner
    • 15:05: 16:05: Waxahatchee
    • 16:35: - 17:45: Caity Baser
    • 18:05 - 19:05: The Vaccines
    • 19:45 - 20:45: Khruangbin

21:30 - 23:00: Kasabian

Saturday

• 12:00 - 12:50: Nerina Pallot
    • 13:20 - 14:20: Seasick Steve
    • 14:50 - 15:40: Reverand & the Makers
    • 16:20 - 17:10: CMAT
    • 17:40 - 18:40: Rick Astley
    • 19:20 - 20:50: Keane

21:30 - 23:00: London Grammar

Sunday

• 11:40 - 12:30: Alexis Ffrench
    • 12:50 - 13:40: Sam Lee
    • 14:10 - 15:00: Lottery Winners
    • 15:30 - 16:20: Baby Queen
    • 16:50 - 17:40: The Darkness
    • 18:10 - 19:10: Rag’n’Bone Man
    • 19:50 - 20:50: Nile Rodgers and CHIC

21:30 - 23:00: Duran Duran

Let’s not have a pile-on though. The poster referred to often has great points though I disagree with many (most) of their statements regarding EP.

The thread remains pretty benevolent and surprisingly optimistic given the lineup. Those who go, if the weather matches 2023, will have a blast. I’m still undecided but there are 20 acts that I’d enjoy, half of whom I’ve previously paid to see standalone shows for. Another 6/7 goodies expected plus a few covers bands plus new discoveries ensure a pretty good weekend. Plus the good company of course……

I wonder what Reverend and the Makers are up to EP weekend?

I saw them at Indiependence way back when and had a great time.

True, agree with all that, I went too far previously, all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

….

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

You’re obviously right about the current ATN thread as compared to here. A good chance of that being the same here, I reckon, in the last ten days before EP, particularly if we get a few more decent acts added.

Despite Melvin’s best efforts there’s still a hell of a lot of creativity around the site which is matched by only a handful of other European festivals. So be prepared for some incoming optimism. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Those ads with the hypnotic music on newstalk and todayfm are class. It's like "the wait is almost over lad".

Advertisement