Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Designate Umpires Permanent Positions.

• 05-09-2023 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

For example goal umpire to the right of Goalkeeper.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

what question are you asking exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Designate Umpires Permanent Positions.

• 05-09-2023 9:06pm

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I've seen this "idea" raised before. What it means to have a rule so that the "goal umpire" (i.e. the one who waves is the green flag) is always at the right-hand side of the goalkeeper, and the umpire with the white flag is always at the left-hand side.

For the life of me, I honestly can't see what difference it would make. There are far more pressing things to fix or introduce in the Rule Book than this one!

Fix the small things.....................................................It would good for older people watching tele.

By the way what are the more pressing things that fixing. ⛏️

All right then, if you genuinely can't think of bigger or more pressing issues than which umpire operates which flag, I'm going to assume this is a very major issue for you indeed.

It's open to yourself to start the process to make it happen. Just bring a motion to your club for them to send it up the line, and if it gains enough support at each stage, it'll become a rule all right.

Am still not sure that many people see it as the issue that you do, though.....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Loads more pressing things. Number of officials isnt near enough, rule book isnt helpful and needs an overhaul. referee abuse cases.

Thanks for your comment.

It would help older people and people with failing sight watching the games on TV.

If they're the people you're thinking of here, I'd suggest a far simpler and instantly available means of helping them would be to simply turn the volume up loud enough for them to be able to hear the commentator say "and there's a goal", or "and there's a point", or "but the shot goes wide". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Seriously? Help them with what, knowing whether or not a goal was scored? Anyone who can't make out which colour flag is being raised is gonna have serious issues making out which side of the goal that person is standing. Honestly, you’re trying to fix a problem which doesn’t exist and you’ve just conjured out of thin air. Has anyone ever said “I can’t see whether that was a goal or a point, they should only have the goal flags on the left/right and the point flag on the opposite side”.

Advertisement