Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clerical officers 2023 - Mod warning post #306

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wex85

Got an email for Wexford this morning, so fingers crossed now it moves quickly 🙏

Post edited by Nody on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Results in for Tipp - got top 15 OOM, surprised as messed up the start of each test - would imagine 99 per cent of the Tipp vacancies will be in either Thurles or Templemore

can imagine one thing that will put a lot of people off though is the fact mobility will no longer be available

Post edited by Nody on

• Registered Users Posts: 31 enna17

I got my email too, my score is the highest I've read here so I guess I could be waiting quite a while for an interview 😅

Considering it was my first ever online assessment I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now ☺️☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Little miss demeanour

Is anyone still waiting on results?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 willa25

Still waiting here too, based in Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 WildWestVikingWoman

Still waiting in Galway 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FeatherySoup

Got my email about an hour ago and never noticed 😂😂

My OOM is low for Carlow but judging by the email it’ll definitely be after the new year again we hear anything which isn’t too bad I suppose at least we finally heard something!

I was nervous for these results, didn’t do too well in the HSE exam (I knew I bombed that one, mouse decided to stop working and had to swap to touch pad of the laptop which wasted so much time) I’m delighted my results for this one were decent 😅😅

Post edited by Nody on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JALM11

I’m still waiting for Sligo!

This is like the Eurovision 🤣 Results for Galway are in… am through but a long way down the OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Unoriginal.

Would anyone have any idea why the emails are so staggered? I feel like for the majority of the campaigns I’ve applied to that are similar to this they’re able to release results relatively close together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭dells35

Still waiting for results in offaly too

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Benefit Cosmetics

Still waiting in Limerick

I'm not sure but I'll attach some of the email that I think would possible be a reason why re:staggering. I hope its allowed and not illegal to do so.

"Candidates will be called forward to the next stage, Competency Based Interview, based on their Order of Merit place (based on the total score of the online assessment tests), for the location they selected.

It is anticipated that this competition will remain open for 2 years.

Initially, small numbers (of those who requested permanent posts) will be invited to interview for the following locations:

Cork

Dublin

Meath

Tipperary

Waterford

Wexford

Please note, if your place on the order of merit has been reached for the above locations, you will receive further correspondence inviting you to attend interview.

We will be in contact in the New Year with those who selected Temporary posts only.

Further updates will be sent in the New Year, as and when further batches are being called for interview."

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Unoriginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Midlands Minnie

Well I have over 30 years of office experience with excellent references and because I struggle with tests I did not qualify. I am heartbroken as I am in a dead end job and I was really hoping to get it. I thought the online test didn't give enough time, but I suppose its just my problem. I am based in Laois and this has put me off applying for any other government job if they cant see past my past working history and only rely on an online test, doesn't give a true reflection of who that person is.

Also, my email had no attachments so I have no idea what my score was and I've looked. How did anyone else find theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dizzyrascal88

Anyone from Kerry area?? I placed 39. Wondering is this good or bad!!

Thanks for that! Seems like they are prioritising those areas at the moment. Anticipating the competition will stay open for 2 years!? That seems crazy…. Not sure I can hold out that long if my area is one of those bottom of the priority.

Welcome 😌 when I seen the counties mentioned it made sense. I know right 2 years is a long time.. hopefully in the new year we know more… all I can say is keep trying different things. What’s for you, won’t pass you by 😇 same to the disappointed lady with 30 years experience, something always crops up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I got mine - top 40 in waterford..

How big is the panel ??

Post edited by Nody on

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MaxOle

Still waiting in Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

My OOM is in 60's.

Would the salary for a CO always start at first point? I have couple of years experience in public sector at Grade 5 level ? If the salary starts at first point, it is not worth for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Juju11

Would anyone know, where does Garda clerical officers usually work in Clare? Ennis?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dizzyrascal88

Any else hear from Kerry??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 magikalmysti

Hi guys

i got top 50s in Cork , is this good or bad? I can’t make it out

Post edited by Nody on

Did anyone else get an email today saying there was an admin error with the OOM they received?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭dells35

Still waiting on results...going to crack up at this stage 🫠

Don’t worry guys I’m also still waiting for Sligo 🥴 seems like us waiting for the areas other than the list that was kindly posted could be waiting a while

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CelticRiddle

Top 15 for donegal

Post edited by Nody on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boards2023

How many jobs do you guys think are going for Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I've no idea, never applied for anything like this before. I'm sure others will know better. Best of luck with yours!

Post edited by Nody on

Advertisement