Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1,000 limit on new payees?

• 06-09-2023 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to pay a company an invoice worth approx €1,400 for a once-off job. I set them up as a new payee and waited 24 hours (9am Tues -- noon Wed) as I thought that was the time limit for sums over €1,000. However, I'm getting an error message:

Payment limit warning: A combined initial limit of €1,000 per working day applies to newly added payees.

Can you advise me on how to pay this company via my online bank account? Splitting the invoice into 2 or 3 amounts over several days would be too messy imho.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I believe you have to actually make a payment to start the time delay on making the second payment, most companies understand this issue

700 by 2 will work

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please see here https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/much-can-transfer-365-online/ which explains this in detail.

If you wait 48 hours from when the payee was set up, then you can transfer up to 20k in one transfer.

The other possible options you have are to visit a BOI Branch with ID where we can help with this in order to make the transfer in one go or if the company can accept a visa debit card payment you have a daily limit of up to 25k on your card.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Dubwat

Thank you - waiting 48 hours worked!

As an aside, I had to enter my password 3 times on my desktop, swipe 'approve' on my phone twice, and 'done' twice to pay this one invoice.

Advertisement