Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All-Time Great Seamus Callanan Retires.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BK5

What a full forward, could win his own ball but he also seemed to have the knack for knowing where the ball was going to land and he'd always be there running onto it to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Ah what a player. The best goal scorer I've ever seen . Legend up there with Kelly and English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭yknaa

Didn't he score at least a goal in every game of the championship in '19? Some going ...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭limerickabroad

Can only say that, as a Limerick person, he's the best Tipperary player I've ever seen. Very nice fella off the field as well. He'll be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What a player, he was lethal at his best, as good as the best of them. Think it was inevitable I guess with the injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Final stats put together by OurGame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭randd1

Great, great player, Tipps best modern forward in my view.

On the slide since 2019 due to sheer rotten luck with injuries. They haven't replaced his presence in the team either, his boots are too big to fill.

What a player. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

I echo all the above posts. Saw him play many times. Brilliant player. Unstoppable at his best. Big, powerful man. Not a dirty stroke in him. Played it hard and fair. His final stats from play as evolvingtipp highlighted are unrivalled. Up there with Jimmy Doyle, N English, Eoin Kelly as Tipp's greatest forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

eoin kelly was a serious hurler... i would say callanan was much better tho... he had an huge goal threat that Kelly who was more of a point scorer didnt have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

In top form he was nearly unstoppable..top class hurler..should have got hurler of the year the year Austin gleeson got it

Advertisement