Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of setting up food stall

Options
  • 06-09-2023 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm thinking of setting up a small food truck. It would be a supplimentry income at best. I already have a decent day job. I want to setup a vegan food truck, selling vegan hotdogs. I know its extremely niche, I don't expect a high turnover of goods or a regular stall. I know its not going to generate a huge amount of income. I mostly want to take it on as a hobby, and creating a narrative, holding some conversations around animal products. 

If I was to get something like this off the ground, (leaving aside training, education and regulations I will have to meet) and the initial outlay (which I will mostly funding from my main employment). I would be running it myself, and not thinking of taking on anyone. How would my profits be taxed? If I'm already on the higher rate of tax, are any profits taxed at this amount?

thanks in advance,

Advertisement