Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy A73 or A54

Options
  • 06-09-2023 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Please help me choose! 

I'm tearing my hair out deciding between the Galaxy A73 and the A54. I have the A71 and love everything about it, but I've read something about limited updates for the A73. Could someone explain this to me simply? Would it stop working smoothly after a certain amount of time, or is it not really a major thing to worry about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MobileTester

Samsung guarantees 3 Android updates to the new phone. If it is for ex Android 13 atm in the the phone then you will get max Android 16 (3 years) + monthly security updates.

You may check the Android version for specific model on gsmarena.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I run the phone account in work for the employees and standard issue phones are the Samsung A series, whatever is available for cheap from our provider at the time. Usually I get something for free.

There is so little difference day to day for what people use them for they don't notice. I've had a few people that think they're important saying they want S series phones but having also used the expensive S phones, little difference there either.

A lot of it is marketing, we have increased this spec and that spec, better battery, better camera etc...I don't believe it much to be honest. They just rebrand, relaunch, and get people to buy again.

In 11 years since I got a HTC one and was blown away by it at the time, I have yet to be impressed by improvements in any phone I have had since. I've changed every year or 18 months or so.

iPhone 3gs first which wasn't a patch on what came after it, the HTC one m7, this was a class phone for it's time.

HTC one m8. Wonder where HTC phones went after that, never saw them again.

Samsung galaxy s6 edge with curved screen

Then a few A series

Huawei something or other forget the model name but it was a nice colour which is about all I can remember of it.

Samsung s21 FE

Back to A series, A54 I think

Now have google pixel 7 which I kinda like the simplicity of being stock Android without any manufacturers apps in the way.

Advertisement