Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Closer to Work or Friends/ Family?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Depends big time on what your job is. If you're a teacher or a doctor for example you are unlikely to move jobs often - then it makes sense to consider the job heavily in your decision. If you're in finance or IT , I'd consider you nuts for trying to stick to Tallaght because your job is there. People move often, and companies also move offices or push for remote work.

And how much do you want to see your family is a question too, if you rely on them for some help with children, or just have a tradition of a Sunday dinner you might prioritize that. It sounds obvious but I think a lot of people don't really sit down and think how much they aim to involve the wider family in their every day life.

Also consider your lifestyle. I meet so many people who moved away from Dublin, well away from it, and they're the life of the party type. They want to be out drinking after work, fancy dinner on Tuesday, in town late for a gig on Thursday, 3Arena on Saturday for a concert. And you can see them being miserable trying to marry their very urban young lifestyle with their rural residency, train schedule, limitations. If quiet life isn't for you, don't sign up for the quiet life.

And for everything be it job or family, for many of us it's a matter of a good transport link. You might for example situate yourself closer to the M50 so you can drive down to family in the morning or evening in quite good speed.

Advertisement