Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseeker’s Allowance.

• 07-09-2023 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can answer my question or point me in the right direction. Currently on jobseeker’s Benefit and have been offered around 10 hrs a month. My challenge is the company wants me to be self-employed and look after the tax and everything myself. Wondering how this works with Social Welfare as the firm wont be signing any form to show how many hours etc. i work per month and if will i still be eligible for Jobseeker benefits.

I hope in the long term to get more hours and to move off the Jobseekers but in the meantime can afford to live off 10 hours per month. So in a catch-22 situation here. All positive advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,073 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ive no advice or knowledge, but i suspect you could be screwed in regards welfare payments, id say it could become a nightmare, if its even possible, to get access to welfare payments, if you become self employed, the company sounds like they want you to take on all the risks, while they get all the rewards....

Advertisement