Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of selling

Options
  • 07-09-2023 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Thinking of selling my pc

built it a couple of years ago as part of a course, never really been used, not sure on how much it would be worth

specs are

NZXT S340 - Black

Intel Core i7-8700K

MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16 GB - PC4-21300 - DIMM

Samsung 860 EVO M.2 - 250 GB

Seagate Barracuda - 1 TB

Seasonic M12II Bronze Evo Edition 620w

NZXT Kraken X52

ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX 580 GAMING OC - 8 GB

wireless keyboard and mouse

32 inch curved Samsung monitor

not sure of value but looking at current price of the parts to build it I was thinking around €1300

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How much did you pay new?

Because it's probably only worth half of original price, at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Watsdecrack

Think it was in around €2000 for the parts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Your biggest issue is that both the CPU and GPU are quite old at this stage, I'd imagine without the monitor and accessories your looking at like 500-600 for the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not sure about the monitor but the PC itself is worth maybe €500. Processor is old but still somewhat OK, the graphics card not so much. A low-end graphics card will generally make it harder to sell as a gaming PC.

Could build a newer and much faster PC for about €700.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"couple of years"? That CPU was launched almost 6 years ago 😀

Would be fine for someone who wants a desktop tower for work, that CPU is almost twice as fast as the one in the new laptop I bought a couple of weeks ago, but (excluding monitor) I can't see it being worth more than 500, and I'd be pleased to get that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement