Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

You're right. They did swap in a different model alright. Yeah hopefully things smoother for those who will be using that system this time. It was mildly annoying to be waiting so long last time out

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Right on day 3 of my P8P usage ...all can say is thank god for pixels 😂 I'd a S9 before I went for my P6P and when that was stolen I had to deal with an A52. So being back on the 8P is a pleasure and the gestures are just so intuitive. I wouldn't call myself a heavy user but after 3 days I've not need to charge it till the 3rd day, there may have been 10mins here or there charging in the car but battery life I'm finding is a lot better. Camera is excellent, again though not what I use a phone for, but I'm looking forward to playing around with some of the AI features. Playing Pocket City 2 runs smoothly and very lil warming up of the phone the P6P was a divil for that.

Interesting side note. I just happened to get the WearOS 4 update on my original pixel watch at the same time as the phone and battery on that is vastly improved. Will be interesting to see how long the watch 2 will last when I get in

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

Are all the AI features available in Ireland such as call screening, summarise and VPN?

Many commentators on Reddit are claiming that they're not available outside the US or are at least country specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Call screening is available here anyway. I haven't tried the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭ForestFire

VPN available and working (It is private to everyone except Google though!!)

Im using it for now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

VPN (along with many other Pixel features) is a Google one benefit, and you don't need a Pixel to use it. I no longer own a pixel, but pay €30/year for Google Drive storage, so still have access to the VPN on my Android devices, along with all the fancy photo editing features (albeit processed online).

I used to try to use call screening on my Pixel, but it was useless. I don't think I ever managed to get someone to talk rather than just end the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I went for the Google one in the end. Looks and feels great. I was worried it would spoil the look of the naked blue phone, but the blue case looks very nearly as good. Hopefully it holds up better than Google's Pixel 6 cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I got this on Amazon for about €9 delivered. Can't say about protection quality but really nice case in terms of quality and feel.

Anyone gotten their first monthly patch on their P8 or P8P yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Didn't realise it was available, just checked now & zilch. Maybe tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

I've a security update, dated 5th November, installed (installed it on 5th).

P8P, if that's relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

31MB update the other day, P8.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Still October 5th here for the 8 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭pandabat

Could take up to a week to get it - never saw a pattern with it on Pixel 6 myself (sometimes straight away and sometimes took ages) and expect same with P8/P8P

https://m.gsmarena.com/googles_november_update_for_pixels_is_out_with_fix_for_reboot_loops-news-60494.php

It's strange I always got it the evening after the release on my old Pixel without fail. Still no sign of it on my P8P. No worry just interested and probably rolled out based on IMEI batch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Just receiving the update now, after manually checking for an update

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Also showed up this morning on my phone, can't say it's changed my life 🙂

Nope not at 38megs for me. 😜

When's the first feature drop update expected, December?

Anyone gotten a PW2 preorder update?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got an email to say my Buds Pro preorder have shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MarsyB

Anyone get any update on the free promo watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dozz

Anybody know what the story is with this deal on the Pixel 8-8pro in Harvey Norman.

"€150 MINIMUM TRADE IN VALUE ON YOUR PHONE WHEN PURCHASING PIXEL 8/8 PRO"

Can I turn up with an old phone and agent €150 off the price?

@Dozz while it's written that way I'm sure there is a caveat on what phone it has to be like something released in 2021 or later. I'm sure there are conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭wassie

They would need to state any applicable T&Cs on the website - I couldnt see any.

The discounts also are comparable to other retailers also, so entirely possible that this offer is just a marketing ploy, rather than the HN looking to offset the discount with the wholesale value of a used phone. But I could be entirely wrong also!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dozz

So I called into my local Harvey Norman today to ask about that offer and the guy said that they will give me a minimum €150 off the Pixel 8 with ANY smartphone trade in.

They were offering me €250 for my pixel 6.

I told him that I have an old Samsung S3 and asked would that do as the trade and he said it would.

And were delivered this morning. Sound is good but buds feel loose in my ears so will need to try the other ear tips or see can I find foam tips that fit them.

The Comply ones are meant to be great.

I haven't put in an order for them yet but definitely like you the buds are great but do feel somewhat loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jer1ch0

Apologies for the random insert to this conversation. I’m In the market for the Pixel 8 Pro and wondering where would I get the best deal? Anything happening in Ireland for Black Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

• Advertisement

Mous cases for Pixel 8 are reduced to around €35 on Amazon today. Haven't checked the Pro version.

Advertisement