Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas cooker hob problem

Options
  • 08-09-2023 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm having a bit of a scary problem with my cooker at the moment.

My cooker hob works off a butane gas cylinder which is outdoors attached to a regulator. Anyway at the moment the gas is flying through to the cooker too fast and I get too big a flame and I adjust it to try make it smaller and it gets bigger instead. It's a fisher paykel cooker where you press in the button, it clicks and you rotate. I couldn't actually get the hob flame to turn off this morning. I had the knob in the off position and it was still blazing away. When I was trying to use it on Wednesday night there was a bit of a bang and the bottom compartment that holds pans and things popped open. It gave myself and my cat a bit of a fright. I don't feel like the cooker is safe to use anymore really now. The gas is getting to it too quickly. What would the fix for this be? Is it the regulator that needs replacing? Would I be safer getting a professional to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

Please use a registered Gas installer/ Repair engineer for your own peace of mind.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd disconnect the regulator from the gas cylinder immediately if you haven't already done so, and get a registered gas installer to inspect it as mentioned above.

Advertisement