Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social house next to me is getting pebbledash

Options
  • 08-09-2023 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

.d

Post edited by NeonNatural on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Because the councilor's cousin owns a pebble-dash company?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pebble dash might be the very least of your worries in 6 months time!

Actually does anyone know a way to remove pebble dash easily and cheaply .....1 internal garage wall... plasterboard over it is the obvious solution but if it can be removed I'd rather do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NeonNatural

Would there be a way to object to it before it's put on, surely they would need planning to change from smooth plaster to pebble dash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

They likely already have the planning permission. There is a period for objections before work begins, but I believe that once that closes (and the objections are ignored....usually), construction begins. If they're about to apply the dash, it's rather too late to object.

As mentioned above, I would probably be more concerned about what will soon be inside the house as opposed to the exterior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I doubt planning permission is needed?

Many houses on my mid 1980s road were originally half brick, half smooth, but a few of the neighbours have had exterior insulation done and then had a fine pebbledash finish put over it. It looks very well, actually thinking of doing the same to my own.

One of them is a county councillor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Nothing more ugly than pebbledash. Well apart from tiling the whole front of the house that came in in the 70s.

Check with the planners and see what they say, but i dont recall anyone ever getting planning permission who i know of who changed the render on the front of their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,254 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Why oh why do they choose this shite that only makes a house harder to paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Go and buy a decent yard brush if your neighbour is putting on pebbledash. For a good few years you’re going to be cleaning up the loose pebbles that fall onto your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

You can get fine texture pebble dash nowadays that comes in different colours and is maintenance free. No painting needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Pebble dash is sturdy, maintenance free.

Not a fan myself.

Living the life

• Advertisement
Advertisement