Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS - Dyna Tech MTB and Peugeot Road bike

• 08-09-2023 12:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wonder would anyone be interested in these two bikes that have been sitting in my shed for the past few years.

The Dyna Tech was my pride and joy many years ago and the Peugeot was a project I took on but never finished.

The stem on the Peugeot has the name Malcolm Davin etched on it if that means anything to any of you.

I honestly don't know what either of them is worth but if I got €100 for either of them I'd be happy.

I'm in the Longford/ Westmeath area.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭peneau

Hello Hermy,

What is the frame size of the Peugeot and where are you located ?

Apologies Hermy just noticed your location.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm in the Longford/ Westmeath area.

I don't know the frame size but I can measure it if you tell me the relevant measurements to take.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Does this help you with the size?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Nice Peugeot, it's a "Dolomites" model, or very similar. Made from Reynolds 531 Professional tubing. And it's my size...hmm.

The Dyna Tech, if it's a real titanium tubing model, is a gem. Proper 1990s psychedelic colour scheme too.

Both are now well worth the asking price.

Thanks 8valve.

Yes, the Dyna Tech has the Ti tubing.

I got it second hand in the mid 90's from someone in north Co. Dublin.

It was my first good bike and I loved it.

Here's a pic of the Reynolds sticker on the Peugeot.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I'd like the Peugeot but I'm down in Waterford so a bit of a logistical nightmare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what size is the MTB? it looks smaller than the peugeot.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

i'm 5'8" on a wet day - too big for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Looking at the head tube on the peugeot it's got to be on the larger size 58 or so I'm guessing.

The dyna tech is cool but looks pretty small.

I’m 6’ and it was okay with a long seat post.

Saddle is quite low at the moment for a much shorter person who had a loan of it for a while.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I'll offer €100 on the peugeot.

We'll just have to figure out how to get it to Waterford.

Accepted - thanks 8valve.

I have a relative in Wexford I meet with from time to time. I might be able to pass the bike on to them to get it closer to your neck of the woods.

But there’s no hurry - we’ll work something out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Ideal; I have family in Wexico so should be handy to sort something.

Just out of curiousity...is there a small white label still attached to the rear left stay, a couple of inches back from the bottom bracket shell? Sometimes they have survived the ravages of time - it's about the size of a postage stamp and usually covered with a little square of clear plastic tape.

These gave the model designations from Peugeot, e.g. PY10 etc.

Just had a quick look and no sign of any labels.

By any chance are you ever in Dublin - that might be another option to meet up.

Genealogy Forum Mod

No worries.

I'm not but have plenty buddies Dublin based, so can organise someone to meet you.

Grand.

I’ll keep you posted.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Here's couple more pics of the Dyna Tech with dimensions - also with the old saddle and the seat post raised.

I might be able to get the original brake levers, pedals and handlebar if that's of any use.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

just checked my own MTB for size and that's a close enough match for me! offer asking on the dyna-tech.

would be great if you could find the original levers and handlebar, but i guess they were changed for a reason?

Offer accepted.

Thanks MB.

Post edited by Hermy on

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Second on the dyna-tech is magicbastarder changes his mind… I’ve always wanted one of these

Noted.

Thanks letape.

Genealogy Forum Mod

The reason was simple swapping out different parts to try and make it lighter.

A friend who I used to swap parts with may still have the levers and bar.

At one point it had an ahead set and Kona Project 2 fork.

Genealogy Forum Mod

ah, cool - i assumed they'd worn out or had been broken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭DJB030244

That dynatech is a beaut , God that’s a flash from the past too, my first mountain bike was that very same dynatech , same size too .I went from that to a Marin pine mountain, and then a Kona Kilauea. . Great days

First 'proper' MTB I had was a courier comp, bought in 1992 I think. Unfortunately my dad threw it out years ago. Can't really blame him, it was about five or ten years after I'd moved out and it was cluttering up his shed.

Advertisement