Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who else is looking forward to the end of this hot spell?

• 08-09-2023 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I sure am. Can not wait for more normal and cooler tempetures around 20 or 12 degrees would be perfect please.

It's too hot now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's amazing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Banned.

😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭mulbot

Big difference between 12 and 20 degrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

16 degrees please not 26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

starting to struggle alright, but knowing this is coming to an end soon, and thankfully so, it just starts to drain me, im just not made for the heat....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭SVI40

Bring on the hot weather. We get enough shite weather through out the year, as few weeks of 25C or so is welcome. Months even.

...until we start running out of potable water, then the fun would begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Oh, I'd love this to continue for September, maybe not as hot. Because the summer was so cold, wet and damp. Need some sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭SVI40

We've had the wettest July on record. The reservoirs are full, we're grand, for a few weeks. In all honesty, for a country with such rainfall, HTF can we run out of water? Zero investment in the water infrastructure in decades. Government and council need to pull the finger out, and get this sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,003 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m fine with it. Pick yourself up a Klarstein Silent Storm fan…

have them in bedroom, kitchen, living room

they are 100% silent, yet powerful as fûck, they work with a small remote as well as digital touch controls…. Bought during the last serious heatwave. Couldn’t recommend enough.

• Advertisement

...exactly, most of that water is either well on its way to the ocean, or there already, all we would need is another few weeks of this, and then the fun starts.....

...again, modern politics is about the short term, not getting too involved in building major infrastructure, as the market can do this better....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's not inside for me that is the problem it is outside and in the vehicle that is too warm

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Me......its the bloody heat...im practically medium rare at this stage.......all we want is dry days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I absolutely hate when people complain about good weather as good weather puts almost everybody in a good mood. Irish people suffer enough with rain and In a few days its back to crap weather for the next 200 days at least. I think people will complain about everything and anything these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My favourite place at the moment is the chilled foods aisle in my local Dunnes, I could gladly spend an hour there cooling down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Or spend ages perusing the eye level freezers with the doors open. 😁

I'd like dry, bright weather, max 22° and cool nights. Hoping for a mild winter without endless days of rain and the odd frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

i love the sun, and we don't get enough of it in Ireland imho.

i remember my late Granny (87) remarking on the hot weather. i said it "was probably down to Global Warming".

to which she replied "i hope it lasts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

As soon as this spell ends we are heading towards winter possibly a thermonuclear one

and people will still whinge about that if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Me. I was never a fan of the heat, and it's just nasty. I don't mind it being sunny, but this humid stuff is just horrible. Can't sleep at night. Shower put on a clean shirt and shortly it's already full of sweat. It's disgusting. I think by Monday they said it'll begin to get cooler and glad that winter is coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭apache

I'm not a fan of this hot sticky weather either. I love October onwards. The crisp cold calm dry days are fantastic. Might be a while before they come. I hate the wind and rain.

• Advertisement

judging by the comments on here, is it any wonder our National teams flop the minute their asked to play in "a bit of heate".

just back from France and it's much hotter/more humid there, so expect the Rugby lads to melt like snow on a ditch. I hope i'm wrong btw!

Cmon' IRELAND!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Go away out of that, its fantastic.

I'm away home now to bask in the glory of my AC inside, when it gets a bit too chilly I'll have a beer in the garden, ah this is the life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Me. I live in an A2 rated house and it’s like an oven. The kitchen and master bedroom hit 28 degrees yesterday. Might be looking at air conditioning if this is what summers will be like going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭theintern

It's a curse in hot weather. Air con should be mandatory for future new builds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I find it a bit bizarre how so many Irish people can't seem to function outside a temperature range of about 12 to 20 degrees. Anything lower is "freezing" and anything above is a heatwave. I'm convinced some people would love it to be 16 degrees all year round.

I love appreciable changes in season. Give me a warm, sunny summer and a lovely cold winter - preferably with some snow - with two temperate periods in between, please. None of this mild, damp, boring nonsense we're usually stuck with.

Good on ya!

i'm retired so my day consisted of a morning jog around 9, some gardening followed by basking in my large garden. love it. i will now crack open a few cold beers and settle down to the start of the Rugby WC.

Aah! C'est la Vie! poor old Riley was never in it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I like it! Just wish I wasn't working during it. Was off in July and it rained for all the week I was here.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rowantree18

I agree with the person who wrote that Irish people can't function outside a certain temperature zone 12 to 18 or something like that. The moans about these few lovely days - which will soon end - are unbelievable.

And yet, there ye all are queuing at the airport to go to 30c....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭coolbeans

No air conditioning at all? What are you driving?

Personally, I find the heat hard work but then I think of the damp, dark October, November and December Monday and Tuesday mornings and evenings that are just around the corner and tell myself to cop on and rejoice in the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No queuing here I tell. I have no interest in going to hot climates. Feck that. City breaks maybe that would be it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

That sucks, I bet you have a heat pump too, only missing a few pipes to make it an air-conditioned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

What gets me is how many Irish people suddenly adopt summer clothes and start talking about how summer is "nearly here" after a day or two of sunshine and light winds in March.

Sure, it's nice feeling when the sun first regains that little bit of heat after long dark gloomy winter, but its still a long long way from anything resembling proper summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

20 to 22 degrees and sunny for the Summer, cold and crisp for the Winter.The odd bit of rain at nighttime to keep things topped up and green Where do I need to move to?

This is too hot and humid but better than the endless grey wet days this Summer.

Not going to wish it away, be gone long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

But at least if you were off work and able to cool down in the pool or the sea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I am not a fan of hot weather at all. I find it really difficult and sweating the whole time

Someone above mentioned modern houses and they’re a curse in weather like this.

I live in one and can tell you lots of glass and insulation make heat waves very uncomfortable even when indoors.

I do often think if climate change takes a hold will all these fancy heat pumps be offset by more and more people buying air conditioners.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I’m loving this warm weather - we had such a rotten July that I see this Indian summer spell as a consolation. 😁😎☀️☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Now this is something I'm curious about, will be embarking on an new build, my sisters house in the US has the typical air to air AC / heating that they use there, now granted they have warmer summers but with a heat pump in a new build why isn't cooling provided for when it can do it.

All I have here in this house is a portable AC unit that's not very portable because it is massive, but it's just a heat pump in a case that's venting the heat to outside, very effective at killing the dead heat inside.

I think the lack of AC is why people complain about the heat here but not when they are abroad because you can go inside to the cool so you're not stuck with uncomfortable heat all night etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Photobox

Like other posters said its the humidity at night and the difficulty sleeping. Tired of being tired! Other than that it wouldn't bother me too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Long ago when we got good weather at this time of year the old people used to say

"It'll shorten the Winter"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mykrodot

I said that to someone today !!

Am I that old?? :-) :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Normally my favourite weather is dry and cold . It helps on my right side . But this is ok . I have a little battery powered ac . It’s a little fan you can add water to it . I also have cooling bands i can wear but im pretty good with this weather . Not being humid makes a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭babyducklings1

Same here delighted. We deserve it after our non summer. For all the people over heating just remember the miserable rain, cold and dampness of winter then try to enjoy these few days even in the shade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I have a rotation of three t-shirts that I put in the fridge and swap out of them every hour. It's a wonderful feeling.

At least we can put the heating on when it's cold, but we're stuck with sweltering heat.

Are you complaining about people who complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭babyducklings1

Ok that’s true because we don’t have air con. In houses. The only consolation is that this will be short lived. Personally I much prefer this weather but get that some people don’t. One of my kids took a coldish shower tonight as they can’t bear the heat. Guess we aren’t equipped for the heat as it’s such a rarity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement