Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amber Springs, but somewhere nicer (maybe Portugal?)

• 08-09-2023 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm sitting in the terrace area of the Amber Springs hotel

The sun is shining, but it isn't too hot

The kids are playing, and most importantly not arguing or annoying me

The beer is cold

Life is good 😁

Okay, so I'd like to go on holiday somewhere in Europe next year which is basically Amber Springs but with more reliable weather and preferably close to the coast. Maybe even with a nice beach nearby

I was thinking of Portugal because it seems cooler than Spain and I'd really like to see Lisbon at some point. Also my daughter is obsessed with visiting THE swimming pool in Portugal (according to her there's only one, conversations with 3 year olds are great 😂)

Anyone have any recommendations for family friendly resorts, ideally one with a pool and lots of play areas for the kids and somewhere the parents can enjoy a few beverages while ensuring the kids don't annilihate themselves?

Would have to be somewhere that you can fly in and get a shuttle bus, I'm nit too thrilled about the idea of learning to drive on the right in Portugal of all places

Thanks in advance! 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭gaillimh

So - disclaimer - I haven’t stayed here myself but two close friends have and highly recommend it.

it’s called the Martinhal in Cascais which is about half an hour on the train from Lisbon. Very much setup with kids in mind. They have another hotel in Lisbon city centre also (I’ve read reviews where people have stayed in the Cascais one and then moved to the Lisbon one for two nights at the end of the trip).

Very easy to get a direct train from Cascais to Lisbon also.

We stayed in Cascais town last year in an apartment for a few days and it’s a lovely town. The Martinhal is a short hop in an Uber to the town centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Martinhal looks fab. It's very high end with prices to match.

We stayed at Vila Petra in Albuferia last year. Although it's within walking distance of the Strip, it's very quiet. A short (cheap) uber drive to Old town. They have kids clubs and evening entertainment. The entertainers also come around during the day to the pool etc, the kids loved them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement