Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pranged my ride on and it won't start...

Options
  • 09-09-2023 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi folks, had an accident on the ride on, it hit a fence in cutting mode and in gear, but having just cut out as I had left the seat.. no damage externally but it got a good jolt... Video of problem below

any help would be really appreciated, I've spent fortunes on the thing so I'd prefer to be able to fix it myself if possible

Thanks in advance

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Sounds to me like the starter is damaged or the bendix/solenoid is banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

sounds like starter to me also, although on cars i have heard starters make that noise if the battery is low.

Seems weird it happened after a tip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,184 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Time to dust off the push mower!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Give the engine a half turn by hand then try it on the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

Thanks a mil guys - will try tips and come back to you - it be Wednesday - really appreciate the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

No update, everything I tried wouldn't get her running including trying to bridge the connections on the starter and get her going .. maybe starter itself but local lad is flat out so hasn't even been able to collect her yet to investigate

Advertisement