Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VAT Thresholds Ireland

• 09-09-2023 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am an Irish registered Sole trader and I operate a small drop shipping business through my website.  I advertise products and sell to private customers in Ireland only . I am not VAT registered as am not at the threshold so I don't charge VAT

When an Irish customer places an order on my website, I receive the payment for the order. Subsequently, I place the order with a company in Germany and arrange for the products to be shipped directly to my customer in Ireland. I pay VAT @ 23% on all purchases drop shipped and have paid VAT to date of €7,000

I would like to know if my VAT Threshold is still 75k operating a business this way or does it fall under acquisitions from another EU member states with a lower threshold €41,000 ?

I'm thinking it's still 75k as my customers are all private and I pay the VAT on each purchase.

I can't find a simple answer for this anywhere and have had different answers from accountants.

Many thanks to anyone who can shed some light on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

You're not going to get reliable advice on something like this for free in an online forum.

If you don't have one already, your best bet is to engage an accountant who deals with e-commerce companies to look after your accounts and tax returns for you. It might be an additional cost, but will give you peace of mind that things are being done correctly.

Advertisement