Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallynogin area advise

Options
  • 11-09-2023 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

How good is the pearse street area near church and opposite to sallynogin college ? Few houses have come into market and wondering its still bit dodgy there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I tend to stay away from housing areas that have the name of an Irish person from history as the name of it, or the word "estate" in the name (unless you are buying the whole estate :) )

Pearse street in Sallynoggin is not a nice area. Neither is Pearse rd, Pearse green etc

Im sure the people who live there are happy enough, but I wouldnt fancy paying the price of the houses there to live there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

If someone has to ask it's not the area for them.

I worked for a long time in an area that is very mixed and slowly changing, now I am sure the first architect, artist, actor, or media type that purchased there has the locals gawping at them, someone has to the the first, the one thing I noticed is the kids nearly always go to the nearest Gaelscoil no the local school.

Post edited by mariaalice on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Going by this id say it's way too late to be looking in Salllynoggin for a bargain.

Advertisement