Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best MVNO for receiving short sms codes

Options
  • 11-09-2023 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi there,

I recently switched to Tesco mobile and while the overall service seems decent, I'm having problems receiving some SMS short code messages like those from PayPal, whereas I can receive them from my bank and the Revenue. I know MVNOs have issues with these types of messages, but it seems ridiculous given how lots of websites rely on them for sending OTP authentication codes. Is there one that's better than the other for this type of thing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭jusvi2001

I am on Tesco mobile for last 8 yrs never had any issue receiving codes including from paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

"I recently switched"

As moved your number or is it new ?

Could it be that issue is with porting the number ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

It sounds to me like porting is the issue. If you had a native Tesco 089 number it would probably be fine.

I'm considering moving network but it looks like the bad old days of changing my number might be back as I can't risk losing the ability to receive these messages.

Advertisement