Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Measured building survey costs

• 11-09-2023 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

We are planning an extension to our house in the near future and we are currently in the process of getting a measured building survey done.

We have been quoted €3000 for getting drawings done for 110 sq meter detached house, this seems excessive to me.?

Just wondering if anyone has done anything similar recently and can you give an idea of the cost of such a survey.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Are you talking about an as built survey to facilitate preparing plans for either a planning application or a building contract.

If so its more like €1k in my experience

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is that for and existing house and site (i.e. topographical survey of the existing site)?

If just for a measured survey of the existing house, it does sound a little pricey.

I would normally budget around €10 per m.sq. + VAT at 23% for a measured survey of an existing house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Yes that's about same as what I would charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

So yes, it is drawings of the existing house and topological survey for architect to use to draw up plans for an extension.

Advertisement