Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 7t with Vodafone - VoLTE and VoWiFi

Options
  • 12-09-2023 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has been able to get an older Oneplus working with VoLTE or VoWiFi on Vodafone? There is a few general threads on the topic on XDA/Reddit with people in other countries having the same issue, but not clear solution.

Through some apps, I've been able to force the toggle for VoWiFi to be available, but when you check SIM status (About device -> Status -> SIM card status), it still says IMS registration state as not registered.

At first I thought it could be that I had an old sim card, but I recall I got a replacement about 2 years ago, so I don't think that should be it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

I've since also tried the sim card in a phone that is on Vodafones list of approved devices for VoLTE and VoWiFi, and it does appear to work on that, so its obviously an unsopported device by Vodafone, so I guess the question is, is it possible to have this enabled by Vodafone themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

WiFi Calling and VoLTE need to use operator specific servers called IMS (IP Multimedia Service). Unlike traditional GSM operator settings, the IMS settings are not stored on the SIM card. The phone firmware needs to know the settings, or know where to find them.

If your OnePlus phone doesnt have these specific settings for Vodafone Ireland, then you won't be able to get these services to work. Only Oneplus will be able to add the settings, and even if OnePlus now support the Vodafone Ireland service, it would likely require a firmware upgrade to install the settings in your phone.

Advertisement