Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator Placement?

• 12-09-2023 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

At the moment we are converting our attic to a bedroom

Now the builder came today and we would like to have the heater/radiator under the window(s) or on the smallest wall, otherwise we would use a lot of space that we can’t use anymore. The builder told us that’s not possible because the the hot press is at the other side of the house and said it was only possible to put the heater on only one wall. To me this sounds odd and it almost seems like they might have forgot to put in some piping…. Am curious if he could be right or just covering up some mistake?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Are the final floors down already or what what stage is the conversion at?

If you didn't specify where you wanted rads and the rads weren't planned for, then yes the pipes will be missing as they would have to be installed under the floor. Really the builder should have included this in the initial conversation, but perhaps it did plan for by only facilitating the pipes on one wall. So I'd say that's a 50/50 split as to who's at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sinas

Yeah it was never discussed with us and as we are very new to all of it this and it didn’t really occur to us to ask. We mentioned that we have no experience with building etc. And on their end there’s never been a mention as to where they would put the heater. The quote just included 2 heaters, which is now limited to one double. The window would from a space perspective also be the most logical place. I thought he might just forgot to be honest. But even which wall on the other end of the room seems to be an issue for him. He is set on one wall and we want it on the wall next to it, both would have piping there. Today the plumber was supposed to come and we have never seen him and haven’t heard of the builder…

Advertisement