Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant in situ

Options
  • 12-09-2023 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has any tenant any experience of applying for the tenant in Situ scheme? Application is in now over a month and no word from council. Do councils refuse purchasing properties with a management fee in place ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The council wil be dealing with the landlord not the tenant and that is only if the property is actually for sale and the tenant and the RTB have been issued with a valid notice of termination.

Even if all that is in motion don't expect any council employee to have even written a reply to anyone in a month. They don't seem to have any interest in implementing the scheme.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PaulH1982

Hi Oscar, I am hoping to avail of this scheme as my rental property is up for sale. There is not much info available on it but I have carried out a lot of research. There are ceilings in place based on the area of the property and of course the size. The wording on SDCC website states that councils will negotiate with landlords but if the price is above what they are willing to pay then its a non runner and no conversation takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PaulH1982

My landlord offered to sell to SDCC. The property is a 3-bedroom apartment (2 bedrooms and a small box room that I use as a home office). I believe the price they quoted was in the region of 500K (which appears to be market price). The council refused to buy as Tenant in Situ as the price is too high. I then found out that the Cost Rental Tenant in Situ scheme which is run by the housing agency separate from local councils works off the same cost guidelines and therefore there is no point in me going through all the paperwork required to apply for this. Very misleading wording on all of their websites as they have clear guidelines to what they can and cannot buy.

Advertisement