Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad has malignant melanoma

Options
  • 12-09-2023 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My dad was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma in July. He had it on his leg. It has been removed and he got an extra excision and one lymph node removed for testing (awaiting results).

He got a PET scan in August and the results showed no melanoma which is good. The doctor did say that something showed on the lung but didn’t light up as cancer as could be benign and it doesn’t relate to the melanoma.

I am even more worried now. On one hand they say melanoma doesn’t show in the PET scan but something else has. I am terrified of what that could be.

anyone any experience of this or could offer some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

just wait and see what happens from results, and look after yourself, this is an incredibly stressful experience for you and your family, look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Wait for the results.

They do see alot of skin cancer , so they do know what they are looking for.

Try not to worry and stay off Google!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

If it hasn't lit up on PET its likely not cancer. Might be some scarring, sarcoid maybe , some chronic changes, bullae etc literally anything else but if it hasnt lit up means its not undergoing increased metabolism .

Advertisement