Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with getting stuff from Amazon.co.uk these days?

Options
  • 12-09-2023 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all,

I usually use Amazon.de for electronics gear but the two-pin euro plug is a real pain-in-the-arse (also keyboard layout).

I'm happy to use an adapter but the missus doesn't trust them so I'd prefer to buy stuff from Amazon.co.uk.

What's the story with that these post-Brexit days?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If the item is dispatched by Amazon then the price you pay at checkout will always include the total amount, you won't be caught for customs after.

If you buy from third party sellers and the seller dispatches the item then you will be caught for customs.

Amazon does import fee deposit where it takes the expected amount at time of purchase, if the calc that the amount is less then they'll refund you. Most of the time you might get 1 or 5c refunds. Most I ever got was 25e refund.

Due to Brexit there's certainly some stuff that no longer ships to Ireland sadly.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TotesRandomer

Thank you Cabaal!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TotesRandomer

Just an update. I ordered a Raspberry Pi power lead with UK plug from Amazon.co.uk (value = €22) and it was delivered to my Dublin address without issue!

Advertisement