Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Resell Help

Options
  • 12-09-2023 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can advise me.

I bought tickets for a gig in the UK late last year. I’d have paid for the tickets using my Irish Debit Card.

I was unable to attend the gig so listed the tickets for sale using Ticketmaster’s Resell option almost 5 weeks ago. The tickets sold pretty much instantly and I was informed I’d have the money within 10 working days. 10 working days passed and I contacted them and they apologised and told me they could see the money was to be sent in the next payment run and I’d see it within 15 working days. Those 15 working days have now passed.

I contacted them again and they’re now telling me that because I uploaded Irish card details they are unable to refund me as it needs to issue to a UK card. They’ve asked me to update this and wait a further 10 working days.

Does anyone know if they should be able to send GBP to an Irish Debit Card? Could I use my Revolut card for the money? They seem to use a company called Adyen to process the refund. The gig has taken place so I’m worried that I won’t see the money. They have confirmed that the tickets were sent to the buyer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I don’t see an issue with with using an Irish debit card, i’ve had STG refunds before to my debit card, converted by my bank. Just the same, as i’ve made STG purchases, and the bank convert to Euro.

I see this as a ticketmaster problem, they allowed you, to resell a STG currency ticket, knowing, it was an IE TM account with an IE card, and the process means, once they sell, they transfer to you. 5 weeks later , youre still waiting. It’s appaling, and this must me a common and regular problem, already know to TM, as all UK TM gigs, appear available for purchase on TM Ireland website, and its very common for Irish people to buy TM tickets for UK events

I’d phone them, and ask for a supervisor/ask for an escalation.

There must be someone in the same situation who has encountered this

Advertisement