Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a fixed charge penalty notice fine for public order appear on a police certificate

Options
  • 12-09-2023 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I’ve been offered a job in the EU and to get a residency visa it says to have a police certificate showing no criminal history. A few years ago I was on a stag party and fell asleep on a bench. I was picked up by the Gardai (incoherent) and given a fixed charge penalty notice for being drunk in public. I subsequently paid that 100 euro fine to avoid prosecution and going to court.

However I’m worried this will show up on the police certificate…does anybody know if this is the case? Also if anyone has gone through the process of applying for residency in an EU country with a small blip on their record (no conviction) what happened?

Answers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Moved to a more suitable forum.

Local charter now applies.

Advertisement