Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed tenent 1 bed

Options
  • 13-09-2023 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

My landlord contacted me this evening telling me he received an email from a company called davis group on behalf of waterford CC for an inspection of the apartment im renting from him. He asked me if I made a complaint to them which i havent. I asked him to send on the email to me and the whole thing seems very fishy. The email was sent to him about the proposed inspection at 05:39 on a friday morning. Also arent these correspondenses usually done by post? Further more i have received no correspondence of any kind.from anyone and im the one living in the apartment. I tried looking on this davis group website and they dont have a contact.phone.number. I find the situation very strange. Would appreciate advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

CC use private companies to do inspections. Basically that the property is to code. Revert to your CC contact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

This strikes me as nice way for dodgy people to get into houses now :)

Scammers and scum pick up on everything. Wont be long til they see this as a way past peoples front doors. Quick scope of the place. Send the mates over a few nights later to rob the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Tell you LL what you think. Suggest that they get the inspector to contact you to arrange a time, the LL can be there too if they want. When the inspector contacts you ask them who their point of contact is in the council so that you can verify they are legit and then you'll get back to them to arrange a time. See what they say. Or let the LL handle it but get them to check they are legit first.

Advertisement