Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long does it take to do pdi and registration

Options
  • 14-09-2023 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

My new octavia vrs arrived into Dublin port yesterday by boat. I'm wondering whats the next process? Does it go to NVD or does customs do inspections on the car first. Just wondering how long until I get it if anyone knows?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Anywhere between 3 days and 2 weeks, depending on a few things.

Customs do spot checks on vehicles which can delay things, but that seems to be pretty rare.

How many vehicles were on the boat and need to be unloaded. In general, they all go to an NVD compound and are distributed from there.

Once it hits the compound, the dealer can call it off for dispatch. Can take 2-4 days to get from port to compound, and should be under 5 days from the dealer calling it off, to arriving on site.

Reg and PDI can be done in minutes, but usually safer to allow 24-48 hours from arrival at the dealers.

It isn't going to be tomorrow - prepare for a bit of a wait. If all goes well, and it is a fairly quiet time for transporters at the moment, you might be in it for next weekend, but I'd say it may slip over to the early part of the following week.

Advertisement